Turmeric Milk

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
That's good to know - I was wondering if the tumeric was the "active ingredient" or if it was a combo of the tumeric and some of the good stuff in the raw milk.

And howdy, Chipmunk, to a fellow Jawjun :p
:gig Jawjun/Jawja - When I first read *jawja*, seriously thought somewhere way far exotic/pronounced Yawya....I even pronouned out loud Jawja, and it just didn't *click* with my brain :lol:
Until......I read Jawjun , and I read Georgia! CLICK! Well - Duh!
Good one/Funny!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
country freedom said:
Bethanial said:
That's good to know - I was wondering if the tumeric was the "active ingredient" or if it was a combo of the tumeric and some of the good stuff in the raw milk.

:gig Jawjun/Jawja - When I first read *jawja*, seriously thought somewhere way far exotic/pronounced Yawya....I even pronouned out loud Jawja, and it just didn't *click* with my brain :lol:
Good one/Funny!!
When I 1st saw Jawja, I was trying to figure out where it was since I had never heard of it. Then I tried to pronounce it, and figured it out. Maybe I should post that I'm from New Joisey.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
country freedom said:
Bethanial said:

Good one/Funny!!
When I 1st saw Jawja, I was trying to figure out where it was since I had never heard of it. Then I tried to pronounce it, and figured it out. Maybe I should post that I'm from New Joisey.
Yeah - what if people started to type how words are pronounced - now that would be quite interesting! LOL
Pronounciations from different parts of the world, the same word.
For example: Loo-a-vull/Loo-is-ville/Loo-ee-ville (Kentucky).

EDT - I cannot wait to try this (yes I can - I can't stand to get colds)! If this works, then I will show my children there are ways to be more self reliant, rather than buying over the counter medications, like I do for my own colds - Alkaseltser Plus Cold - only thing that I have found that works for me.
Turmeric Milk may be a bit more healthy for my body also! ;)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta, that wet sock therapy is good for other things than just colds. My naturopath in Orgeon taught it to me to increase my circulation to my feet and to increase my energy. I've done it several times and it does work.

Rather than sticking my feet under the dog she had me soak my feet in a basin of hot water first....

I have have made it though the whole night with the socks on. I wake up with my feet just cookin.. and I have to take them off to go back to sleep.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Can you use some other type of sock w/the wet sock treatment than wool? I don't own any-I'm allergic to wool. :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Can you use some other type of sock w/the wet sock treatment than wool? I don't own any-I'm allergic to wool. :(
Not sure. I think there is something about the wool that is necessary to the process. Could you wear the wool socks over the cotton socks? The wool wouldn't actually have to touch your feet.
I usually have really hot feet and can't normally sleep with socks on either. I sometimes have made it through the night though, if it's been a particularly bad cold. Usually I take them off part way through while still sleeping.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Denim Deb said:
Not sure. I think there is something about the wool that is necessary to the process. Could you wear the wool socks over the cotton socks? The wool wouldn't actually have to touch your feet.
I usually have really hot feet and can't normally sleep with socks on either. I sometimes have made it through the night though, if it's been a particularly bad cold. Usually I take them off part way through while still sleeping.
I'd have to wear gloves to handle them. My hubby can't even wear a wool suit. If he does, I can't touch him. (But, that might be a good thing! :p)

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Henrietta23 said:
Denim Deb said:
I'd have to wear gloves to handle them. My hubby can't even wear a wool suit. If he does, I can't touch him. (But, that might be a good thing! :p)
:yuckyuck

travisgier

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Turmeric milk is useful in any injury and swelling.. But the taste of turmeric milk is too bad..;)

Latest posts