Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's why God made Grandma's.....to take up the slack when Moms can't handle EVERYTHING. Aliza is a beautiful girl. :love

I'm beginning to believe that's my job in life and what a sweet, sweet job! I'm lovin' it!

Thank you, Bay...she is very pretty(don't know how that happened in this family!)...and she doesn't know it, which is even better. She barely even notices that she has hair until we are trying to detangle it or something. She's very patient, though.

@tortoise, have you tried any of the fermented rice water as a hair rinse? I'm fermenting some now just to experiment...I like anything fermented, so I'm up for trying it to promote hair growth.

I think I figured out why my hair grows out instead of longer...it was all the hair fall I experienced all the time, causing my hair to always be growing new hair, which makes it bigger and puffier but they fall out before they get longer. Since switching over to the CG method, I get very little hair loss..none in the shower now and none on the wet comb, never see any on my clothing either.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One other possibility to losing the curl in your hair- The grey that comes with age actually is a sort of coating over the original hair shaft that covers up the color so all you see is grey/white. It also makes the hair shaft thicker (obviously, since it is coating the hair shaft) which makes the hair heavier and curls get pulled out. I don't know of any way to strip that coating off, but it sounds like something in the CG process does indeed do that.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
One other possibility to losing the curl in your hair- The grey that comes with age actually is a sort of coating over the original hair shaft that covers up the color so all you see is grey/white. It also makes the hair shaft thicker (obviously, since it is coating the hair shaft) which makes the hair heavier and curls get pulled out. I don't know of any way to strip that coating off, but it sounds like something in the CG process does indeed do that.

Yes, I noticed less curl with the coarser, grey hairs growing in...but then, I know plenty of ladies with grey hair with lots of curl still, so not sure what to make of that.

They say magnesium loss contributes to grey hair and that it diminishes as we age, causing grey hair. Be interesting to take supplements to see if that is rectified, huh?

I love the silver, not so much the grey. I wish my whole head were silver instead of the half and half. Makes my hair look more pewter than silver.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You mean that underneath my white hair, I'm still a brunette? (with a 20 year sidestep being a bottle red head) LOL

I like my hair being white, it has been since my mid 30's, but I kept it colored. I finally tired of the process and quit cold turkey. Letting it grow out was awful, I looked terrible, wanted to shave my head.

Now I have long solid white hair and I like it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We took pictures a few days ago.

B9C6EBC7-CDA2-4910-98C2-35B56F90C00E.jpeg

674ADD2A-7231-4E01-AA10-8507CDA333CF.jpeg

151DB160-6153-4341-9601-0E39E2B32848.jpeg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bay, I LOVE, love, love your hair!!! I would so love to steal that color for my own. It's so very pretty and suits your skin tone to a T. I always love to see folks with grey or white hair who also have a sun tan...just perfect together.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would like to know what all that green stuff is you're standing on. Because I haven't seen anything green in MONTHS!

But seriously you rock the white hair! I love white hair, actually. Much better than gray.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you Bee. I am comfortable with who I am. I love every birthday I get! White hair runs in the family. My paternal grandfather, my mother and me, all grayed early and were white haired.

My husband also grayed early, had very curly hair, now it is straight and pure white. Ain't he handsome? LOL

Thank you NH Homesteader for the lovely compliment. We took pictures in pasture #2 because the clover and rye grass is so beautiful. Been saving it to wean my ram lambs into.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting about the magnesium. I take it so maybe I won't go gray! Lol but seriously, my midwife said most women are deficient in magnesium for whatever reason. I take it because she recommended it for migraines. Haven't had one since (the real test will be when humidity hits this summer though)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love the hair too Bay! I did the bottled redhead for awhile...loved it! But, decided to let it get back to natural. And, now my hairdresser has made me promise not to color it anymore, lol. I have very little gray - so far!

I take magnesium also - mostly because I have the WORST leg cramps at night if I don't. I combine magnesium, potassium and calcium and the combo has stopped my cramps - thank goodness!