up here in lalaland ~ Tennessee here we come!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Dang! It exists!!! This is one of several different recipes:

Recipe by Virgel Kelly who won first prize in the Knox Unflavored Gelatine "Just Desserts" recipe contest.

White Russian Pie

Serves: 6-8

2 c. chocolate wafer crumbs
5 Tbsps. butter or margarine, melted
7 Tbsps. coffee liqueur, divided
1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatine
6 Tbsps. sugar, divided
3 eggs, separated
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. vodka
1 c. whipping cream, whipped
chocolate curls, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine crumbs, butter and 4 Tbsps. coffee liqueur in a bowl. Press firmly on bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 3 minutes; cool completely.

Combine gelatine and 4 Tbsps. sugar in medium saucepan. Stir in eggyolks and water; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in vodka and remaining 3 Tbsps. coffee liqueur. Turn into large bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.

Beat eggwhites in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 2 Tbsps. sugar abd beat until stiff and glossy. Fold into gelatine mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Turn into prepared crust refrigerate until firm. Garnish with chocolate curls.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh my gosh Henrietta!

that sounds like the black bottom pie my mom made when we were kids, except it had bourbon,not vodka in it. It was always my birthday cake choice.....

I might try that recipe. Who would have thought?

And the funny thing was everyone loved the pecan pie - I didn't mention my trauma with it. sheesh.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
did someone mention bourbon!?!?

ha!

so i had some extra coffee from this morning in the fridge and i loaded it up with cream and bourbon... yum...... with all this talk of 'white russian'.. what could i do?

and by the way Hen- you are SO in trouble! all i can think about is that 9 egg yolk pumpkin custard! yikes!!!

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
its snowing to beat the band - new snow is already knee high and it is supposed to keep coming all day, prediciting about a total of 14-18 new inches.

gorgeous outside with the snow, and the wind is whipping around like a whirling dervish - gonna see some big drifts. can't see my footsteps out to the coop from just a couple of hours ago.

Had a big holiday part planned tomight with about 30 people, but I cancelled it because my back roads can be pretty treacherous and they are not well traveled. and windchills tonight drop to 30-40 below.

that means.....lots of party food! some of it I won't cook, I can take desserts to neighbors tomorrow, but still!

lucky for me, my new sweetheart is coming over in a few hours and will be snowed in with me. Let's see, fire going, homemade eggnog laced with a little brandy,....candles....snowfall.....nice music....what could be better?

I'm just finishing up laundry, my house is in pretty good shape, I have the whole weekend to relax, shovel, warm up, wow! I am sooooo blessed.

Stay warm everyone!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry your party go cancelled, that bites. Maybe a New Years instead??

Can you take a picture of your snow? I would love to see what it looks like. Sorry, but is sounds wonderful. :hide

have a great weekend.

g

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gina, never seen snow? Hey girl,come on out anytime!

I would take a pic, but I've given my camera to my daugher who has an etsy shop - hers broke.

I remembered to grease up the chickens combs before the temps dropped, it was about 15 degrees in the coop this am. I added a second heat lamp as tonight it is supposed to be 15 below zero.

now, if OFG would just send me a pie.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* ofg in her kitchen in The Good Land trying to figure out how to shove this pie thru the interweb... just...wont... go *

hey baby!

sorry about the snow but heck might as well snuggle in and enjoy it. this is the ONE time i'll enjoy the snow since its our first big storm. then it will be nonstop complaining.

;-)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ha lala that's funny. Yes I have seen snow. I even lived in a snowy area for a while. I just think I would love to see the view out your window. A field of snow with some winter barren trees mixed in. Sounds kinda tranquil.

g

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
ha lala that's funny. Yes I have seen snow. I even lived in a snowy area for a while. I just think I would love to see the view out your window. A field of snow with some winter barren trees mixed in. Sounds kinda tranquil.

g
It snowed once when I lived in Vista. :D

Latest posts