up here in lalaland ~ Tennessee here we come!

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
that was a very very cold night, 16 below zero and that isn't the windchill which was 30 below zero.

went out this am in the dark, natch, checked on the chickens and they were snug and happy in the coop.

I won't let them out today, even with greased combs I think I would see frostbite. Plus, I haven't finished shoveling out the run, and they wouldn't come out unless there was a haylined path to the dust bathing area under the coop.

my truck started!! I am fantasizing about two things: an electric remote car starter and aftermarket seat warmers! nothing worse than sitting down on that below zero seat with just flimsy work pants on!

ok, off to work it is!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I remember those days! When I was 16 I worked the breakfast shift at Howard Johnsons. Had to be on shift at 5am, so I had to leave home in the dark and cold at 4am. It was always questionable if the car would start when it got that cold and no matter how long it ran it never seemed to get warm enough not to freeze my butt :p. Then it was a white knuckle driving through the back roads because I left for work before the snow plows got to my area and you couldn't make it up the hill to the main road because of all the ice.

Ahhhhh....now I remember why I moved :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL...You have not experienced a Winter in the Great White North? It has its interesting moments :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes I lived in the north and the snow and the below freezing temps and the ice and the..........:barnie

honestly I would never go back to that hard winter living

being south now is just the ticket for me lol
of course getting older the warmer winters sure help :)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Had to jump in here - after being born & raised in MI & living 18 years in VT...never say never...but NEVER AGAIN!! :lol:

You can keep your -16, lalaland!!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Brrrr, now that's cold! I'll keep my 20 degrees with 30 mile and hours winds I guess :p

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Stay warm, Lala!
We have -15 here; -25 with the wind chill.

A couple years ago, as I'm sure Lala knows, much of MN had several days - close to a week in some areas, of -60 F degree weather.

I just love Minnesota sometimes! :sick

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Brrrr, now that's cold! I'll keep my 20 degrees with 30 mile and hours winds I guess :p
hehehe I was just thinking the exact same thing

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:ep Good grief....it's a wonder you guys don't turn into popsicles!!!