vaccinations?

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dang, they want to give them all at once?
We didn't even do that to dogs and cats at my old job. :th

I agree with you, Punkinpeep. I will vaccinate for the big bads, but I see no reason to vaccinate for less serious things.
Not a big fan of unecessary medical treatment.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm all of a sudden really grateful for my pediatrician. She is really great about the whole vaccination thing. I know my gf didn't vaccinate her daughter at all until she was three and now she's had a total of I think two shots. I actually do vaccinate, but will only do two shots at a time with a minimum of 4-6 months apart (preferably more). I also usually don't start until they're at least one years old. I have never once been scolded or reminded about it. It's more of "Do you want to do shots today?" if she even says anything. I took my two year old in last week because I couldn't quite get a handle on what was going on with her. She told me that she just had a virus and allergies. She handed me a Neti pot and told me to give her some yogurt. I'm beginning to wonder if she's a doctor or not. :D

grannyB

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Please do some research on vaccinations. My twin GDDs became autistic after getting their vaccinations. Before their last set of vaccinations they were normal toddlers. Two weeks after the vaccinations they started showing the symtoms of autism. Their speech deteriorated and they became very antisocial and withdrawn.

There are several studies linking vaccinations with autism. The last one I read was from the EPA even. Some of the vaccines contain mercury. I don't remember which ones.

Please get all the info before making a decision for your child.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I kinda do a happy medium.. I vaccinate for all the regular stuff required but opt out on flu shots and superfluous stuff.

My kids are really relaxed when it comes to shots. They just deal. The last time my 4yo went to the doc, after the shots she said. Moma that hurt. I told her she was very brave and did a good job.

It is such a controversial thing, Lori trust your judgement and do what you think is best for you children.

g

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We did a normal vaccination schedule with our son and a delayed schedule with our daughter. Fortunately, our pedi works with us on it. They fully understand that we do NOT want our children coming home with 4 bandaids just to "catch them up". Our kids are good about shots too.

Rebecca, I would have changed doctors for terrifying my child like that. We've always just had the one nurse in with us. We also don't lie to our kids and say things like "it won't hurt". We do tell them that it will hurt like a pinch but only for a little and when they are done crying we can get them a sucker or popsicle (they offer popsicles in summer) and a sticker. Usually they only cry for a minute or two and then we're all happy again.

One thing I found was that at the sitter where she cleaned ALL the time, my kids were sick more often than the sitter that was less stringent. The only time I really go to town when it comes to cleaning is when someone is sick or there is mold in the shower (I'm striking back with a mild solution of bleach riht now).

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Please do some research on vaccinations. My twin GDDs became autistic after getting their vaccinations.
Vaccines DO NOT cause autism. The most likely cause of autism is vitamin D deficiency in the mother. This causes the brain abnormalities you see in autistic people. Here are some of my sources...
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health/autism/
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=vitamin-d-and-autism
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2008/07/sweden-lack-of-vitamin-d-suspect-in.html

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Autism's False Prophets actually goes quite deep into the real and imagined dangers of vaccines.

Just make sure your information comes from scientists, not politicians, actors, & people looking for a profit.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just make sure your information comes from scientists, not politicians, actors, & people looking for a profit.
....or lawyers who are really hoping for some deep pockets to pick.

If vitamin D deficiency is the cause of autism (and I strongly believe it is), then you can thank the government for telling us all to stay out of the sun, use sunscreen (who's ingredients are likely to CAUSE CANCER), and eat plenty of carbohydrates (which damage skin).

All of these factors lead to vitamin D deficiency. That D fortified milk and the 400 iu of D in your multi-vitamin are about useless. The average woman uses 4000 IU/day. The average man uses 6000 IU.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My oldest has most of his shots - he is now 21 yrs. old.
My second oldest has less - he is now 20 yrs. old.
My third has less than 20 yr old - she is now 19 yrs. old.
My fourth has less than his older sister - he is now 18 yrs. old.
My fifth has almost none - he is now 16 yrs. old.
My youngest only has had her first two sets of shots - she is now 13 yrs. old.

I also do not take my children to any doctors, since I've thought most doctors believe all children need every shot that can be given.

I have been very lucky that they've never been with-held from school, for not having their shots.

My children have gotten chicken pox while being in shelters (first oldest three, and a few years later, the youngest three).

How do I go about getting my youngest two - Tetnus shots, without getting chewed out by "caring professionals"?
I can suggest my middle two get their Tetnus shots - they'd take my advice.
My oldest two has already had theirs.