Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Great! So glad you are home, (busy) and happy!!! Have to add my two cents worth--For my DH and me respect for each other is key! And God!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm still alive!!!!!!!! :lol: We're renewing our vows this afternoon at church :D Just us and the kiddos are going, not the eldest, the youngest and niecey girl. Been working in the garden this morning, and trying to get things ready for the market...waiting for things to come in good now. Got everything moved back. DH had let the yard become a wild jungle looking bunch of mess, so i have been push mowing everything down again trying to reclaim it. I've been doing some canning, doing some gardening, doing mowing, doing moving, doing a little bit of everything :p I've been busier than usual, and haven't had time to get here! I miss y'all!!!!!! It was nice to get on here and read the responses since the last time i posted, but wow....it has been a while huh? :lol: I'm tryin to get back into the swing of things ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
HOWDY! Congrats on the vow renewals! That's awesome - hold out for a honeymoon when garden season is over, lol! Great to hear you're doing well.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks fem! Went and picked a half a truckload of free corn this morning and gave it all away to neighbors and folks on the regular food truck route :) I'm sore though :/ But it was FUN!!!!

Yesterday we caught cows and loaded them and traded the two Jersey heifers for two Angus cross steers with a lil cash to boot. I'm sore. But it was FUN!!!

I could add a last night story, but I'll refrain :p

The whole week has been full of the "I'm sore, but it was FUN" stories...either I'm getting too dang old to be doing some of this stuff or I need to quit being such a sissy :lol: I seriously ache...I swear my hair even hurts :p

Tomorrow I need to mow :/ THAT is gonna just plain stink because I never got finished before...sidetracked, too busy, higher priorities...still got tall(ER) grass. I would gladly accept any volunteers to help or just flat out do the dang dirty deed...I'll give ya some corn, and maybe some tomatoes, cukes, squash, blueberries, green beans and peas.....so what of it? Any takers? ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Darn, well I just decreased my workload anyway. I just sold 16 chickens, 7 chicks and a goat :D Now I just gotta get rid of a couple or three cows :lol: Glad to see the goat go to a good home, he'll be a kids pet, and he is so gentle and sweet he will be safe around them :)

I'm taking it easy today with some minor housework and cooking. It'll take me all day, but my muscles can recoup a bit from the past few days and being so sore. It hurt to roll over in bed last night and kept waking me up when I rolled over in my sleep :p

I have the animals down to a manageable level now with just the turkeys, a few game roos that will be going home when I can get ahold of their owner, and the three cows and my quail. Feeding time should be cut at least in half now, especially since I can wash and move the bigger feeders and waterers over to the quail coop. I need to go do that, but I'm procrastinating bc it's already hot and I'm wearing my comfy sweats this morning in anticipation of being indoors most of the day ;)

Maybe now I can concentrate more on my gardening and get it looking and producing better :fl

Hope everyone has a lovely day!!!! I'm hoping to myself :frow

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey you!

Hope you had a good 'recovery' day today. I just got home from my field trip and I'm plenty exhausted.... Hope your gardening goes well,, mine has just about gone, lol!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:/ I got more chickens this evening. It was a STEAL! I couldn't help myself. I only wanted a few of them, but couldn't resist the package deal of all of them. Got 18 and a pair of Mallard ducks, two gallon size waterers, a gallon size feeder and a gargantuan cage that barely fit in my truck, plus a full bag of feed...for $75. Just couldn't pass it up :hu I was buying a horse for the neighbor and got caught up in the buy/sell/trade mindset. I know I can get my money back on them tomorrow though :lol: I did stop myself from buying their pigs. They had 3 Duroc cross sows, about 125 pounds each, and only wanted $200 for the group. I'm trying still to not go back for them, though I know i could resell for much more than that.......and yep I still want to get them... :p

robinhoodie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Man I'd like some chickens, I eat a lot of eggs. But I'm not ready to settle down yet, so I'd have to leave them behind if I move. Although I guess I could just eat them, haha.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You could take them with you in freezer bags :lol: