Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning, nice in the middle 70', I even had a little sweat bead, roll down from my forhead into my eye. But the Yankees wouldn't have any of that and sent a cold front down from the north just because they are mean and nasty. Now the wind is blowing hard and it's 43 degrees outside. I had to bust out my old working jacket but still am wearing my wife beater underneath it. Us southern's are stubborn people and refuse to give in to the demands of the Yankee's. Damn you Yankee's keep that mess up there already. I'm not ready for winter yet. I'm a fixin to stomp myself silly, trying to keep warm. I might actually have to turn the furnace on and that would not be good. As long as I remember we have never cut the furnace on before Halloween.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This morning, nice in the middle 70', I even had a little sweat bead, roll down from my forhead into my eye. But the Yankees wouldn't have any of that and sent a cold front down from the north just because they are mean and nasty. Now the wind is blowing hard and it's 43 degrees outside. I had to bust out my old working jacket but still am wearing my wife beater underneath it. Us southern's are stubborn people and refuse to give in to the demands of the Yankee's. Damn you Yankee's keep that mess up there already. I'm not ready for winter yet. I'm a fixin to stomp myself silly, trying to keep warm. I might actually have to turn the furnace on and that would not be good. As long as I remember we have never cut the furnace on before Halloween.
We are getting the storms and now, 40's tomorrow

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH had to actually go to the office yesterday afternoon, so he took the trailer in and picked up a ton of pellets. He also moved them all to the front porch by the time I got home from work. It has been chilly in the house lately and he decided that he need to get the pellet stove going so he can stop shivering at his desk ... oh the joys of an old farmhouse.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good decision! I'd say it was good that he was the one who got chilly, of the two of you. That's a lot of toting. 😁

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to hear. Better weather is always nice. We're warmer than that for another month, if all goes as normal. Our nights are still 60s mostly. Yeah, had to tell ya. :) sorry.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got down to the upper 40's last night and only hit 55 for a minute today. Going back to the 40's tonight too. Brrrrr - that's too cold for me! :\

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been cold here too. Texas cold, that is. LOL LOL Although our DD in Odessa 8 hours west of us has temps in the 20's and had an ice storm. That gives me immense satisfaction. My daughter does not like cold weather and she is not happy about that. GOOD! Move back here! :plbb Bring our grand daughters back!

Latest posts