WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't have a patch...BUT...Ball canning bk says you can raw pack, 1" headspace, salt and hot water...@10# for 30 min pints or 40 min qts. They suggest 1/2 tsp salt in pint & 1 tsp qts. Also, can blanch then can, same way. Guess depends on how soft you want end product to eat. Of course. Hot jars to start.😊

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't have a patch...BUT...Ball canning bk says you can raw pack, 1" headspace, salt and hot water...@10# for 30 min pints or 40 min qts. They suggest 1/2 tsp salt in pint & 1 tsp qts. Also, can blanch then can, same way. Guess depends on how soft you want end product to eat. Of course. Hot jars to start.😊
Cool, thanks!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ive canned ground beef cooked and packed raw then canned and its turned out great. I put the cooked beef in a strainer and pour boiling hot water over it to get as much fat off it as possible then stuff it in the jars and pressure can it.
I use it mostly for spaghetti or chili and so far its been fine.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ive canned ground beef cooked and packed raw then canned and its turned out great. I put the cooked beef in a strainer and pour boiling hot water over it to get as much fat off it as possible then stuff it in the jars and pressure can it.
I use it mostly for spaghetti or chili and so far its been fine.
i might give it a shot. my freezer is almost full. i still have 25 meat birds and pig that needs to go in there