WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
9 more pints of salsa. All the jalapeños used up, almost all of the tomatoes.

Have the bourbon peach BBQ simmering on the stove. The kitchen smells wonderful. Peaches all used up.

Dang zucchinis are laughing out loud and calling me names. 😜
13 half pints of BBQ sauce now pinging. Bedtime 🌙

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bourbon and peaches together...sounds wonderful.😊. I'd like to try that. Still have some bell peppers to deal with but, the stuffed are delish.😁 Chop & freeze more, give away some. Small batch of tomatoes to deal with soon. Then potatoes this weekend so they are waiting patiently, I a cool and dark corner. Squeezing it into a heavy work week....or three. They keep adding projects. 🤪☹️

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am living life dangerously - I have changed a canning recipe!! (insert dramatic music here)
There is a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate in the Ball Book of Canning that I wanted to try. But I never seem have enough strawberries and lemons to try it out. I found a 3-pound bag of LIMES at the store that was affordable, so I made Cherry Limeade Concentrate instead. It is cherry season after all, and not strawberry season. I made a partial batch to try it out and it is fabulous! I will be making a full batch and canning it for myself.

Peaches next week, I hope.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is one thing I love about the electric pressure canner - once the pressure is up and the weight goes on, it is all automatic so I can go to bed knowing that it will stop canning at the right time and depressurize overnight without me needing to be there. I can unload it when I get up in the morning. Great for when I am canning anything with meat - 90 minutes is a lot of extra sleep, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After chores, I started in on other stuff. Put milk from frig in a pot to get room temp to make cheese, while I used stove burner to make red pepper jelly. I love that stuff, it's expensive and hard to find sometimes. First attempt and so pleased. Have more peppers to use up and I'll make a couple more batches. Had some Braswells brand left in a jar and mine tastes just like it. 👍😊 Woohoo! I'll make cream cheese later. Need to buy Ritz crackers while out tomorrow. Yummy. Ok, now that I shared that delight -- back to more on my list. 🙄

IMG_20220812_130349.jpg

Last edited: