WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got delayed in this project of Ham hash. But I finally did it yesterday. Used an entire bone in ham. Almost 10 lbs of russets. And onion and red bells. Previously I had simmered a fresh pork bone for 18 hours so that was my congealed, then heated, liquid for the jars.

I don't how it tastes. I'll use one in a fry pan and then top with eggs for one night's dinner next week. Note: I reused two lids. I had carefully removed them from other jars of food. They sealed just fine.
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I got delayed in this project of Ham hash. But I finally did it yesterday. Used an entire bone in ham. Almost 10 lbs of russets. And onion and red bells. Previously I had simmered a fresh pork bone for 18 hours so that was my congealed, then heated, liquid for the jars.

I don't how it tastes. I'll use one in a fry pan and then top with eggs for one night's dinner next week. Note: I reused two lids. I had carefully removed them from other jars of food. They sealed just fine. View attachment 22480View attachment 22481

View attachment 22479
Looks great!!!!

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Believe there may be but MOST of us don't have one. 😔🙄. @Britesea does and I believe she had started a thread. ??
Found it!
Now to go read it…

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Found it!
Now to go read it…
Thank you 😀

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haven't done much posting lately :( But I'm still freeze drying stuff; shredded cheese, all kinds of fruits and vegetables, eggs. I did some meat, but it seems to get a little tough; I think it works better already cooked instead of raw.