WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love full canning jars! 🥰. Nice work.

i love the smell of tomatoes and standing there cutting and peeling i often eat chunks as i'm going along. and then while i'm heating them up to go into the jars i'll snag other chunks.

i really enjoy the whole process of gardening and harvesting and then putting them up. it was really easy yesterday to go out there and pick two buckets in about 15 minutes. i could go out again now and pick more but i'm not going to do that. r-n-r day or "Frogging Around and Recess" is what we call it. :)

tripletfeb

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i love the smell of tomatoes and standing there cutting and peeling i often eat chunks as i'm going along. and then while i'm heating them up to go into the jars i'll snag other chunks.

i really enjoy the whole process of gardening and harvesting and then putting them up. it was really easy yesterday to go out there and pick two buckets in about 15 minutes. i could go out again now and pick more but i'm not going to do that. r-n-r day or "Frogging Around and Recess" is what we call it. :)
I'm the same way with gardening, harvesting, and canning. I find everything about it very therapeutic and relaxing. I very much enjoy going down to my basement and seeing all the shelves full of canned and dehydrated produce. I also started fermenting today so that is going to be an adventure

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
very much enjoy going down to my basement and seeing all the shelves full of canned and dehydrated produce.
My exact feeling...I don't have a basement but, a pantry area for my canned goods. It was always my fav thing to see the cellars or basement at my grands, so many years ago. 👍 theirs had a moist, musky smell as they were literally cut into a hillside. But I thought that those jars of food were beautiful.

Probably why I like to can now. Pretty jars of food. :old

They had old barns, corn ribs, outhouses :lol: and gardens plowed by horses. Fun stuff then.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
15 more quarts of tomatoes yesterday and two more buckets to go for today. not sure when we're going to get to them but they need to get done sometime.

i also have two small musk melons to cut up and a watermelon and a few hot peppers i should also cook up. technically not canning but food prep and cooking is close enough... :)