WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am going to get more lids next time I am at walmart or any store that has them.
Its not a lot of parsnips and green beans, I may just freeze them BUT, I dont know what freezing the parsnips will do to them??
I dont want to mess them up

i've never had any parsnips to deal with before. i would guess they could be treated like carrots, but i've not ever done carrots either. :) looks like the normal, wash, peel, chunk, blanch, freeze...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am going to get more lids next time I am at walmart or any store that has them.
Its not a lot of parsnips and green beans, I may just freeze them BUT, I dont know what freezing the parsnips will do to them??
I dont want to mess them up

View attachment 24361
Canning is easy, just need a longer time in pressure canner because of the density.

How do you prepare them to eat? Slices? Mashed? That might guide you to an option

tripletfeb

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
15 pints of peaches yesterday, the rest went into the dehydrator. I've canned so much this year that I need to build more shelves in the basement to put the stuff on! Has anyone else found themselves canning or preserving a lot more than normal? I can't explain it but I just have this feeling that I need to do more and more! The older I get, the less I want to waste too. I look out at my garden and want to go pick more but I'm running out of jars and space

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
15 pints of peaches yesterday, the rest went into the dehydrator. I've canned so much this year that I need to build more shelves in the basement to put the stuff on! Has anyone else found themselves canning or preserving a lot more than normal? I can't explain it but I just have this feeling that I need to do more and more! The older I get, the less I want to waste too. I look out at my garden and want to go pick more but I'm running out of jars and space
That was last year's efforts for us. Zero to overstocked by October. Being more selective this summer