WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got the tomatoes picked and lined up ready to get going, but i need a few more minutes break before i start in on them.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can I mix fresh and canned or frozen veggies to make a soup to then pressure can? I don't have fresh peas but was going to add canned or frozen right at the end.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you, one more question-do I need to skim off the fat in bone broth when canning it? My USDA book says yes, but I would like to keep some of it. Is it ok to pressure can that way. (I have only ever frozen bone broth-thanks)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Has anyone canned home made hash? I have two hams, and a big bag of russets. I was thinking of cubes of ham, potatoes and onions, put in pint jars. I'm not going to grind it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have to be coming down with something.

the gravity of the situation often has me on the perching on the edge of my seat.

The brain and hands aren't communicating well. Sitting in the recliner with my coffee is working well, though. :lol:

:) i lay on my futon. saves me a lot of issues including having to deal with the above all day. gravity is very tiring... water seeks it's own level. i am therefore i pool.