WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
This fat girl may have bats in her belfry and holes in her roof, but she won't starve!!! God has been good and provided LOTS of free and VERY cheap food so I could prepare for hard times!!!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef-you are my new hero!

Your my dear are a canning diva.

I have got to find the time to get over to BWH and learn some stuff.

Iam a newbie to canning, have just done the basic: toms gr.bean, other veggies, did try chili one year and stew.But I can tell I have alot to learn.

Your pantry is wonderful.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Don't encourage me...OCD ought not be rewarded. :)

I have had to slow down, because I can't afford the jars and I don't eat enough to empty out more than a couple of them a week. When my garden comes in during the summer, I hope to build it back up.

I am a lightweight, standing in the shadows of the real canning women on this site.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ldychef, You have some awesome looking jars of food. I wish I had a good place to put my jars. Never enough room. I can something usually every week , sometimes 2-3 times a week. My Hubby's friend says he has never seen anyone can so much...lol..

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
kimnkell, I cheated. I got some of those wire cubes that you assemble (FreeCycle) and put them up in the master bedroom. Took all the linens and board games out of the six hall cabinets, and eliminated the coat closet. I combined the contents of my two grandaughters' bedrooms and so one of them is completely full of dry storage and stacks of boxes of jars. Fortunately, I live alone, with visiting grandkids who are on board with the whole budget thing...

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
kimnkell, I cheated. I got some of those wire cubes that you assemble (FreeCycle) and put them up in the master bedroom. Took all the linens and board games out of the six hall cabinets, and eliminated the coat closet. I combined the contents of my two grandaughters' bedrooms and so one of them is completely full of dry storage and stacks of boxes of jars. Fortunately, I live alone, with visiting grandkids who are on board with the whole budget thing...
Well, that worked out good for you. I love seeing all those jars of food. Makes me wanna go can something. I think I'll be canning some more turkey broth today. We had turkey breast on the rotisserie last night and I always boil what's leftover and make broth and any turkey that's left too. Yummm..:)

hunterjumper999

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm going to can this weekend- I'm laying the plans out now but I think i'm going to try for a modified stuffed peppers with turkey and brown rice and chowchow.

unfortunatly nothings fresh so im going to do small batches and pray for spring :)