Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Jelly!

6 1/2 pints + 3 tall jelly = black cherry

5 1/2 pints + 2 tall jelly = white grape

4 1/2 pints + 1 tall jelly = cherry/grape mix fruit

and

4 1/4 pint jars of shrimp sauce with horseradish over the holidays.

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Jelly!

6 1/2 pints + 3 tall jelly = black cherry

5 1/2 pints + 2 tall jelly = white grape

4 1/2 pints + 1 tall jelly = cherry/grape mix fruit

and

4 1/4 pint jars of shrimp sauce with horseradish over the holidays.
ummm...black cherry jelly sounds really yummy....

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It IS! I cheated this time. I found 100% pure black cherry juice on SALE at the health food store. ;)

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yummm, sounds like you will be set for a bit on jelly.. We love it. I need to make some more. I gave a bunch away at Christmas as gifts. I wanna make some cherry soon. I have never tried and that black cherry sounds so good. We don't have a health food store around here. We have one little ol grocery store and it doesn't have much of a selection. I have to do most of my shopping when I go to wal-mart or kroger about 70 miles away.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Black cherry is one of my favorite flavors. YUM.

You know, I wanted to make concord grape jelly for my son-in-law last year and even though we grow a lot of grapes in this area, no one had concords. I ended up using 100% Welches grape juice. It was really, really good. I can only imagine how good black cherry would be !

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Iam very lucky, my BBF has concords and I get all I want, sometimes she even juices them for me and freezes the juice so I can pick it up when I need it.

My DS and DH will only eat my jelly. Spoiled brats.

I also get cherries from my ILs they raise Lamberts and Rainiers.

I have never made jelly from them, but guess I should try,couldn't be to bad huh.

I did dry some of the Lamberts this year and they are great,very nice in cookies.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have a Niagra grape vine that I normally make my grape jelly from. It has a winey taste when completed VERY good. I am Celiac so I have to shop at a health food store occasionally to buy my Gluten free bread mixes and pastas. I guess there ARE benefits! :p

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now y'all got me to wanting to make some jelly.lol.. We are snowed in here in Ky and my lid supply is starting to get low :ep

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Taking my life in my hands and canning butter today, 9 pints. Also, 12 pints of ground beef.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
raniers are my very favorite cherry. You know, my brother lives in Lacey, if you ever wanted to send extra juice......;)

deb4o said:
Iam very lucky, my BBF has concords and I get all I want, sometimes she even juices them for me and freezes the juice so I can pick it up when I need it.

My DS and DH will only eat my jelly. Spoiled brats.

I also get cherries from my ILs they raise Lamberts and Rainiers.

I have never made jelly from them, but guess I should try,couldn't be to bad huh.

I did dry some of the Lamberts this year and they are great,very nice in cookies.

Latest posts