WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just hit the "10"...😊...set timer! More free corn. Ya can't pass up free...right 🤷. Still have others in freezer to thaw and can. 🤔Can't remember, or don't think, I've ever eaten this much corn. 😲. I like but.... Looking at 35-45 pints. Ok, ok...it keeps couple yrs, so I'll use it. Another canner full ready, just add boiling water to jars, lid and go. I husked, cleaned, cut off from 55 ears this morn. Peppers are glaring at me! They are next. Potatoes are a tomorrow job...steam, skin, can. I have tomatoes, eggplant & zucs from garden to process!!!!!! Right now -- winter time is looking good. Done with canning 🤣🤣
IMG_20220804_203910.jpg
IMG_20220804_203843.jpg
raw(55).jpg
raw(54).jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm certain I have any/all ingredients to make zuc relish...except maybe the whip to make me. 🤣. I have these other things to deal with....I now have 3 qts of corn and 6 pints of succotash to add to an ocean of pints of corn. Canning is work. Picked tomatoes yesterday, adding to heavy perishables. Just shoot me! 🙄🤣😱😁

Today I need to drive to get some 1/2 gal jars I had a little store order for me 👍 3 cases @ $15.99, Ball brand. milk storage...and circulate between me & soaper customers....takes extra between delivery exchange. 🤷. While there I'll get a few pounds of ground beef for stuffing peppers. Aaannnd back for more canning!

The caveat is that potatoes could wait a few days, if need be. Peppers, tomatoes and elderberries, not so much.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Good luck! Good deal on the jars. I ordered 3 cases and got 1. Better than nothing I guess....

Busy time for you!
The wife's birthday is today. Took her out for breakfast. Then she wanted to go shopping. We found 3 cases of half gallon jars and some other sizes we bought. Oy