WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My day is now completely ad hoc now. We didn't get home today until after noon. The tomatoes (wife's surprise bonus buy... 🤔) and peppers need done now!

Hopefully the peaches will take a day or two to ripen. Not touching the relish today, but......

SALSA!
20220806_163722.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think bread and butter pickles today, more salsa, peach bbq sauce, and maybe bourbon peaches.

Have almost all of the tomatoes cleaned and ready to process.

One of my veggie crack dealers has more green beans today. I think the wife wants to do them tomorrow

The zucchini still taunts me. We started talking about prepping and freezing veggies to can soup later, so maybe that this week 😅

I get to break out the brand new huge water bath canner today

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someone here to help would be fabulous! Alas....self only. Tomatoes must get attention today as they wait for no one🤨. Potatoes are fine until next weekend👍thankfully. Theres some put away chores...then outside for any "have to". I have a week of waaay too many work hours coming up! Cannning on hold. 🤷🤫

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Priorities.....the pickles are resting with salt.

Bourbon peaches in the water bath. Oh.....my.....goodness

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think bread and butter pickles today, more salsa, peach bbq sauce, and maybe bourbon peaches.

Have almost all of the tomatoes cleaned and ready to process.

One of my veggie crack dealers has more green beans today. I think the wife wants to do them tomorrow

The zucchini still taunts me. We started talking about prepping and freezing veggies to can soup later, so maybe that this week 😅

I get to break out the brand new huge water bath canner today
20220807_121248.jpg
20220807_113245.jpg

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No canning but froze 12 quart bags of sweet corn. Will hopefully get 3 more sessions of corn.

I have 2 gallon bags of yellow tomatoes in the freezer from this season that I couldn't get to, they are on the list for tomorrow. Not sure what yet. Maybe some tomato jam, yum!

Pickles this week as well as pickle relish. And one more canner of green beans.

I need to can some carrots!

Good harvest makes for long hot August afternoons but warm full bellies in January.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
anyone have a good sauce, jam or salsa recipe for Lemon Boy tomatoes? I haven't ever grown or canned with yellow tomatoes and don't know if there is any difference but the plants have been amazing this year so I have a lot.