WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On a canning break all week!

While working all weekend with my one layer canner, I realized that while the taller units were great to save time and heating cost...more jars at once...that I couldn't move one if I had it! Yeah, too heavy. 😁. But I did look at current prices at All American site. WOW. I couldn't justify the $380 investment on mine. I'm loving my unit now. 🤣😁

ETA...bought mine never used couple yrs ago for $25 -- from a man who inheritated a bunch of stuff and didn't know what he had! We're both happy about it. It's a #7, now known as a 921. Yep, that old and brand new...manuals & all. Cost me $32 for the replacement petcock to juggler parts.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Oldie but goodie

4arfb8.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
how was the headspace? that's normally what can cause differences in how quickly a jar might ping. in the batch of tomatoes i did the other day one jar didn't ping until a few hours later. yep, less headspace...
Not a headspace issue. Jars were two different products, all the jars had consistent head space. Waited 24 hours without sealing. New lids, reprocessed just fine, pinged within 15 minutes after processing.

Latest posts