WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had dinner with my youngest Thursday night. She got the last quart of chicken taco soup and one of the remaining ham/bean from last year.

Will probably do the mass soup thing after the holidays.

We have plenty of jars. Online prices dropping, in store still high. Would like find some 3/4 pints because, well, just because. Lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Would like find some 3/4 pints because, well, just because. Lol
Got a box of those at a 2nd hand place, brand new & one of the dz missing. Did'nt realize not a full pint until home. They're fine...nice for "one" serving things.....or jelly/jam.

I have a few odd size...from some old buys. A couple seem to be 3/4 qt ?? Old Atlas ones. Garage sales, ya know?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got a box of those at a 2nd hand place, brand new & one of the dz missing. Did'nt realize not a full pint until home. They're fine...nice for "one" serving things.....or jelly/jam.

I have a few odd size...from some old buys. A couple seem to be 3/4 qt ?? Old Atlas ones. Garage sales, ya know?
More about memories of my mom. She put jams in that size. I have two jars, I think

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had dinner with my youngest Thursday night. She got the last quart of chicken taco soup and one of the remaining ham/bean from last year.

Will probably do the mass soup thing after the holidays.

We have plenty of jars. Online prices dropping, in store still high. Would like find some 3/4 pints because, well, just because. Lol

the empty space is going to your head, be strong! just kidding, if you have a use for them go for it. :)

i have a case of smaller jars and they're not very useful for what i do here so as much as possible i give them to Mom for her projects as sometimes she'll take salad dressing to someone and a small jar works perfectly for that. if we never get them back i'm fine with that... sometimes though people give us jars back and include things in there that we've not even given to them so it throws off my storage space to try to find a spot for them.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
the empty space is going to your head, be strong! just kidding, if you have a use for them go for it. :)

i have a case of smaller jars and they're not very useful for what i do here so as much as possible i give them to Mom for her projects as sometimes she'll take salad dressing to someone and a small jar works perfectly for that. if we never get them back i'm fine with that... sometimes though people give us jars back and include things in there that we've not even given to them so it throws off my storage space to try to find a spot for them.
I think I used every size except this 3/4 pint size this year. I tried to size according to serving size/ single use. Pizza sauce went into 1/2 pints, for example. Trying to minimize stuff going bad in the fridge after first use

Latest posts