WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Six half pints of apple butter and 6 half pints of apple slices, yesterday.
47121E7B-5DC3-4EB2-A7D2-DB24D5B632CB.jpeg

tripletfeb

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made apple pie filling for the first time today. It's good but I'm not a fan of the large amount of sugar that went into it. I like making my pies with fresh produce so that's what I'll keep on doing. I never used canned
IMG_20231111_135747470.jpg
fruit filling for pies anyways. I was just sick of making and canning applesauce so I thought I would give this a try

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not today but in the past week I have been bombarded with fruit from commodities and the Catholic Community Center from neighbors who collect their food but don’t necessarily use it all so I suddenly had plums, peaches that were kissed by the cold and maybe had a brownish tinge to the flesh and blueberries so I started making plum preserves (first time with plums ever) and I canned with a hot water bath. Pooped me out. So the next day DH made preserves with the peaches and the rest of the plums and blueberries so I had to just find the kitchen, locate jars and give a hot water bath but needed to do it a long time because I didn’t pack it hot. Now I found a wet spot underneath the sink that needs cleaning and fixing but I have less empty jars and more food in the pantry.