WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
😁 bought my $350 All American for $25! Craigslist. A guy "inherited". It was older, never used, orig PKG. Yep drove 100 miles and smiled the whole way home. Use it all the time. I bought a jiggler assembly...this was one with petcock.

Current probable fraud :idunnoMy cr card will remove the charge for me, I'm not worried. Replacement card on way. They want me to keep spending.:lol:

It's WHY I use credit cards, vice debit for such spends.

I have one specific card that's used for online purchases. That leaves the other for use at the stores. That way we're comfortable if a store breach happens again. Only use the debit at Winco because it's that or cash there.

We get cash back on CCs and pay them every 2 weeks so it's just a win for us on them.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yesterday was didn't go as planned. Wife is trying on her own today.

received_349913814569672.jpeg
received_894842505647547.jpeg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think we'll give a thumbs up on the Presto canner. The process is a little different, but it beats dragging out the big canner, plus, by putting it on the old microwave cart, no stove top space is used. Did not heat up the kitchen, either.
This will work

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Presto canner Amazon delivery came at 9:30 pm last night! Haven’t opened it yet. But I woke up at 4:30 am and started thinking about what I could can, and couldn’t get back to sleep. Forced myself to stay in bed until 6:30, mostly awake but with some dozing off, thankfully.

Then I came on here to post in this thread, and I saw @farmerjan ’s post about the bestbuy website and began wondering if I should leave my Amazon one unopened and buy the cheaper one. Read all the rest of the posts about the potentially fraudulent site and went down a rabbit hole checking that out. Today the canner is listed at $26.66! Must be a scam. But I am so tempted to try a test like @Mini Horses did.

So, Mini Horses, did your shipment arrive yesterday as expected?

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: I'm waiting with no expectations of arrival.

Other than calling cr card to cancel charge as fraud. 😂

Darn it!! :idunno:caf sure wanted that ice cream maker.😁
My guess is if they didn’t send you an email with a tracking number, then yeah, scam. But sometimes they send a “tracking number” that isn’t real, or that gives a date several weeks out. (I got caught once by one I was suspicious of.)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gets interesting! They did send email w/tracking number today :th NO WAY I'm tapping on that connection :lol:. So I went to net to find what co used what combos -- china, which figures. Most companies don't use USA but, outsource production. Hey, maybe theft out back door over there. 😁😁

Still expecting nothing but, it's entertainment while I'm off work so much 👍

To be continued :eek: 😁

Latest posts