WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had an almost 3 week break from canning. 😂

I took my frozen limes out of the freezer a few days ago to thaw and then was to busy to bother. But today I noticed they were starting to turn brown, so I decided that I would can the limeade today.

From 10# of limes, I got just over 8 cups of juice. Which turned into 4 jars of limeade concentrate and 4 jars of lime-cherry concentrate.

66E18A77-0323-4799-BD42-E382D794B60C.jpeg

And I needn’t have worried about them turning brown. Most of them were still frozen! So I microwaved them. I think it’s better to microwave them until they are warm. The ones that were still cold/icy were harder to press with the citrus press.

Oh, and I do have one picture of the new canning shelf.
8488610B-C896-4129-A5E4-42B4A2D6B665.jpeg

I’m looking forward to filling it up some more.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had an almost 3 week break from canning. 😂

I took my frozen limes out of the freezer a few days ago to thaw and then was to busy to bother. But today I noticed they were starting to turn brown, so I decided that I would can the limeade today.

From 10# of limes, I got just over 8 cups of juice. Which turned into 4 jars of limeade concentrate and 4 jars of lime-cherry concentrate.

View attachment 25673

And I needn’t have worried about them turning brown. Most of them were still frozen! So I microwaved them. I think it’s better to microwave them until they are warm. The ones that were still cold/icy were harder to press with the citrus press.

Oh, and I do have one picture of the new canning shelf.
View attachment 25674

I’m looking forward to filling it up some more.
Those shelving units look awesome. I wanted those, but they were a bit too big

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those shelving units look awesome. I wanted those, but they were a bit too big
Wow, thank you so much everybody!

Farmer Jamie, I don’t know if you have an Aldi close by, but mine had a similar shelf to these but only 3 feet wide instead of 4 feet. Only $49!

I read that each store only gets one shipment, and when they’re gone, that’s it. I got 2. Haven’t opened them up yet. I assume they will be slightly lower quality than the ones from Lowes, because each of these shelves is rated for 260#, whereas the Lowes ones are rated for 600#.

We are going to use the Aldi ones somewhere else, because DH said if we want more shelves along that same wall, he wants them to match. Which I agree. We have room for one more there.