What are you wearing

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am wearing black, 10 year old polar fleece pants and matching sweater, with my black long john ensemble underneath. With black socks on. And under garments, but I don't think they are black at present. Oh, and i alwys wear my croce in the house or my feet would be toast. Love those ugly shoes!!

I had to go to the dentist today, and I tried to get my jeans on over top of my long johns, and they wouldn't fit, so I put a pair of brooks nylon pants on. I absolutely HATE having to change my clothes to go out, and serioulsy what I change into is not much better.

Hubby laughs (sort of :p) at my dress ensembles. I have this outfit, my camou sweats and hoodie, two lovely velour? outfits, one black, one baby blue. those are my favourite at home outfits. comfy, warm, and room enough underneath to wear my long johns. My outer wear is an ugly hat--an insulated baseball type cap with fuzzy flaps, and my warm leather gloves, and my insulated steel toe rubber boots. with my incredibly dirty, but not dirrty enough to wash yet-- Ducks Unlimited winter coat--the best winter coat I have ever had for the barn. I really am a sight to behold.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I go to do chores in my jammies all the time! And sleep in full clothes when the house is really cold.

I have a confession....my bed is a MESS! I had to wash the duvet cover when the backyard got muddy (dogs!) and it takes two people to get it back on. Lately, one of us is asleep when the other goes to bed. So the empty duvet cover is folded in half on my side with my heavy robe on top, and a heavy wool laprobe is on dh's side. It feels (and looks!) like a nest. I decided I like it. It is super-cozy. So I avoid getting that duvet back into it's cover. :rolleyes:

I tend to buy stuff on clearance and if I find something that fits, is good quality, and I like it, I tend to buy several. Often in the same color. So people think I wear the same thing every day. I like it, because I don't have to think about what I am wearing....I just wear the same thing I wore yesterday, just a clean set. Drives my friends crazy, which of course, makes it that much more fun.

Being a LMT, I add oil stains to all my clothes...then they become barn clothes, and I add poop and boogers to that.

They are lasting longer, though, because that fels naptha really gets the stains out if you rub a bar right on the dampened stain.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Boxers, blue jeans, and a shirt I borrowed from my mom. But I'm not a cross-dresser :hide, she usually wears more unisex shirts, western mainly, this one is more 'masculine' I suppose. It would be too big on her though, more of an over-shirt.

You do NOT want to see me in my snow clothes!

edited to fix smiley

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Right now this very minute I am wearing big baggy blue sweat pants, a nice semi dressy (ok as dressy as I get :p) golden brown thermal shirt (left over from work and eating out tonight), GIANT silver and fleece house boots with silver sparkly stars and a bra.

One time a while back I went to the grocery store. There I saw the most disgustingly dressed guy. He was wearing dirty baggy holey jeans, a stained sweatshirt, an old ratty coat and dirty tennis shoes. His hair was un-brushed. I could not BELIEVE how messy he looked. I was all about being judgmental then I turned the corner and across the aisle I saw myself reflected in the freezer section glass door. Yup. Dirty baggy holey jeans complete with chicken poo and paint stains, a stained sweatshirt, an old ratty coat with the pocket hanging by one seam and old ratty green Crocs shoes. My hair was un-brushed and pulled on top of my head in a ratty dangling bun. I could not BELIEVE how messy I looked and how much better he looked! :ep

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well after working in the garden all day, fixing and cleaning a coop I have just returned home from the ER with my 6yo. She received a 5 cm cut from the trampoline and it required 10 stitches. :sick
I went to the ER wearing the same clothes I worked all day in. Jeans and a tank top. covered in dirt and poop. I even slipped and landed on my rump earlier in the day. So it was especially grubby. I did grab a light over jacket and flip flops before I ran out the door. Fun Fun Fun!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
..... it's 5.51 AM, the wife is off to work, the dogs are asleep and I am on my FIRST cup of Joe, so I am wearing the same outfit I was born in. :D

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
..... it's 5.51 AM, the wife is off to work, the dogs are asleep and I am on my FIRST cup of Joe, so I am wearing the same outfit I was born in. :D
Ya I wear that outfit when I sleep too. But slip into my PJ's aka.."house cloths" when I wake up.

So in winter my "house cloths" are whatever old sweats, or fleece (Talking some 20+ years old) and some kind of old thick thermal shirt, very thick wool socks and crock sandles in the house our out for firewood or to feed the chickens..
When going outside to work I slip a layer of over the house cloths on! Every day I ware the same green wool pants with many patches and repairs in many color threads, with big wide suspenders that are held on to the pants with buttons in two spots, one spot with some wire the other spot with some yellow rope....:D
On my feet I ware the same old crocks if I can get away with it if not I were my giant Lacrosse artic ice king boots. My wool coat is not too shabby, nor is my "new" 3 year old wool hat.
Oh yes the omini present Saw Dust, I am always covered in it, pull out my wallet, and a little pile dumps on the gas station counter:gig (I worry my poor kids will remember that whenever they ran up to hug dad they got sawdust in their eyes..)

I am not alone with this kind of ecclectic simply not fashionable dressing habits in the northwoods. Many locals are the same way. What is funny is the tourists, shiny new just out of the car wash trucks perfectly matching outfits that match their snowmobiles! Oh so corridinated. What stands out even more though is the speed at which the tourists from the big city move.. (zip zip, gotta go shop...gotta gotta go go.)

ON