What did you cook from scratch today?

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol, Chefs fee, I like that!

Pureed white bean soup, with garlic, rosemary, thyme, onions and carrots from the garden, topped with crispy bacon peices and a drizzle of white truffle oil... fresh home baked bread on the side. I should have saved some of the beans to plant... oh well.

Oh, and DH is going deer hunting for the first time in a month or two, If we're lucky, I'll be harrasing you guys for deer meat recipies soon!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One of my current favorites- pinto beans with a chopped up roma, half an onion, a bell pepper, and a glug of acv. None of it grown here, but all of it from our local co-op. (Great over rice, or on toast for breakfast! Especially sourdough, which I'm making right now also)

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Homemade Gluten Free Corn Bread..finally a recipe for it that is actually allot like regular corn bread. yummmyyyy
and Ham and Beans yummmmm

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I found a recipe for Wheat Thins-type crackers while looking for healthful alternatives for DS's lunch box. They turned out good!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
I found a recipe for Wheat Thins-type crackers while looking for healthful alternatives for DS's lunch box. They turned out good!
ohhhh do share I use to LOVE wheat thins...

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lasagna! Would you believe I have never before made lasagna? DH and I just celebrated 37 years together this last weekend, and DH doesn't eat cheese. So I have avoided such obviously cheese-rich recipes like lasagna and enchiladas for years. Well, several years ago I found that enchiladas can actually be pretty good without cheese, and today I made the leap and found that lasagna can also. I made homemade ravioli a week or so ago, and with the extra dough I made lasagna noodles. And today I made the lasagna! To rave reviews!

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Everyone's recipes sound so yummy!:drool
I just made beef stew with onions, peppers, celery, mushrooms and carrots and slow baked it in the dutch oven in the oven and then right before it was done I added drop biscuits and baked it about 15 more minutes and then we all scarfed down!:weee

Since it has turned cooler having the oven on for part of the day really made the house toasty and good smelling!