Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220616-163844_KOMO WX.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Extreme Heat Warning Garden Update.

I weeded a few rows yesterday evening. Will probably do the same this evening. In this heat it's considered crazy talk, to try and weed during the day. There is a bonus to weeding in the evening though. Every weed I pull becomes instant mulch the next day 🙄

Water melons and squash starting to run. I haven't watered them at all. We have had just a tad over an inch of rain this month and it came at the beginning of the month. Where they are getting moisture from, is a complete utter mystery to me.
IMG_20220616_175547828_HDR.jpg

Green beans were suffering, so I watered them, Monday evening. While I was at it I also watered the tomatoes for good measure. I need to get in-between the two rows of bean hay'ed in, this weekend.
IMG_20220616_175648162_HDR.jpg

Peppers starting to suffer, I need to water them. But it's five 50 foot rows 🙄 Not looking forward to watering them, but I will.
IMG_20220616_175624467_HDR~2.jpg

I simply can not believe the cabbages are still growing in this heat. I haven't watered or weeded them at all. As a matter of fact I snapped of big leaves some of them for my wife to put up cabbage rolls. I honestly thought they would wilt in this heat. Yet there they are, still standing and growing even, I don't get it... I guess something's are just not to be understood. Yet another mystery to me. Onions to the left got another dose of homemade liquid nitrogen fertilizer last Saturday, they are getting big, with dark green leaves. Hopefully when they fall over and put energy in to bulbs they will have enough produce big bulbs, onions are such a strange plant to grow.
IMG_20220616_175735303_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That sounds interesting! Nothing like that here in VA, that I'm aware of. Feb weather might be an issue there. 🤷. But Feb is a good time in sense of "something to do" 😁

I'm waiting for rain today. All the elements are here...just no drops of water. 🤔 Yet.

right. when the weather is nice enough i want to be outside, winter is a good time for me to do seedy types of things. :) December through March are usually good months for being inside most of the time but i have actually done some gardening in December or March. January and February i'm just daydreaming of gardening. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Except growing things doesn't work well here at the moment. Except for grass.

Even the strawberries aren't in season yet

our strawberries are mostly gone now. i picked once. :( the animals raided very heavy this year and the patch is getting old so it needs refurbishing. i could use a few yards of good composted manure in there too.