What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farm Babe is busy canning sauerkraut. The old German brunswick cabbage variety makes a delicious sauerkraut. Can't wait for Sauerkraut und Wurst mit Maisbrot (sauerkraut and sausage with cornbread) for supper tonight 😋

Upside down dinner plate and outer leaf removed for taste test..most definitely ready. Sauerkraut is like candy to me.
IMG_20221211_135754876.jpg

7 quarts missing from the bucket getting canned.
IMG_20221211_155712624.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
😁 here the cornbread is on the side. A pusher. That looks good tho.
Pusher, gotcha. I reckon the way I look at it, it's all going to the same place anyways.

Wife made me suspicious, she only got a little bit. When I questioned her why, she said she eat quite a bit of kraut, when she was canning it 😂. She canned 18 quarts. That should keep us in sauerkraut for a while.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you can do the carbs...around here, the kraut goes over mashed potatoes. Kielbasa will do just fine, but baked over a plain pork loin if one does want something less spicy

yes, we do kraut over pork loin in the crock pot, starting with some garlic and onions in the bottom, drain and rinse the kraut to remove some of the salt and add that at about half way through once the pork loin has some browning on it. yummy eats for sure. :)

mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy puts Mom in heaven so we usually do those too.

Last edited:

Latest posts