FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I stumbled across this gem this morning

Screenshot_20230422-070717_Facebook.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is this light I do not use under kitchen cabinet. Can I use this for the seedlings?View attachment 23189
Get them as close as you can to the light. I adjust my florescent to be about an inch above the seedlings and leave it on 24x7. Some people will say this is wrong and seedlings need a period of no light. But leaving the light on 24x7 works best for me.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stuck a couple squash seeds in the ground to replace the ones that didn't wake up. Planted a row of okra. One. Row. As opposed to the 4 rows I had last year. I still have plenty of dehydrated okra so this will give me a little to use fresh.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking out kitchen window earlier, I noticed growth in the cells from LAST year. I had a small cold frame there for seedlings. Nothing much grew, so I figured seeds were too old & went on with others, in garden mounds. 🤷.

Curious, I went out in a break in the rain....either the same "weed" has jumped into these cells or I have tomato seeds sprouted! 😱 Plus, from the cells/cups I dumped to re-use then.

Of course, NO idea the various types at this point. Guess another week or two will tell me if I need to repot or not. 🤣🤣 Amusing, to say the least.

Any thoughts?
IMG_20230422_185542390_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230422_185538902_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looking out kitchen window earlier, I noticed growth in the cells from LAST year. I had a small cold frame there for seedlings. Nothing much grew, so I figured seeds were too old & went on with others, in garden mounds. 🤷.

Curious, I went out in a break in the rain....either the same "weed" has jumped into these cells or I have tomato seeds sprouted! 😱 Plus, from the cells/cups I dumped to re-use then.

Of course, NO idea the various types at this point. Guess another week or two will tell me if I need to repot or not. 🤣🤣 Amusing, to say the least.

Any thoughts?
View attachment 23191View attachment 23192
Roll with it 😁 when we have volunteer tomatoes pop up, I plant around them and let them grow.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸