What did you do in your garden today?

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looking out kitchen window earlier, I noticed growth in the cells from LAST year. I had a small cold frame there for seedlings. Nothing much grew, so I figured seeds were too old & went on with others, in garden mounds. 🤷.

Curious, I went out in a break in the rain....either the same "weed" has jumped into these cells or I have tomato seeds sprouted! 😱 Plus, from the cells/cups I dumped to re-use then.

Of course, NO idea the various types at this point. Guess another week or two will tell me if I need to repot or not. 🤣🤣 Amusing, to say the least.

Any thoughts?
View attachment 23191View attachment 23192
I have a few of unknown seedlings as well but inside the house,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, took it out and taped it onder the shelve. I will need to interchange tomatoes and the peppers. Trays are too big and can only fit one. I might have another one of those but can't remember where now,lol This getting old is so dramatic! Lol
20230422_225931.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
These tomatoes are a big mix of various heirlooms. Large slicers, cherry, paste, etc. 🤣. Since potted last year, plus those dumped together, should be a fun harvest -- once moved. 😁 :idunno who knows what else may be there. Peppers could happen. Surprise!

Maybe we just need to pot seed in the late fall and transplant when mother nature births them in spring! 🤔🤣

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stopped by the church yesterday to snoop on the garden area. It's been worked up! My plot area from last year looks great. They just need to put the plot markers up and hopefully good to go!!
Weren't you able to get two plots last year? How big are they - I forget these things...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Weren't there a couple who got plots last yr? I know not a lot of people and the church planted corn as I remember. Maybe with food costs continually rising, more will have a garden this year. Always more fun when good participation. 🤗
It was my two plots. The gentleman running the gardens planted one plot for a family that never showed.

Lots of corn went to waste, yes.