What did you do in your garden today?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw my eggplant blooming well out there weeding yesterday. If I get a tomato for every bloom on them I'll have a couple wheelbarrow full....and they're not even full grown yet. 😊. Today I will get my FIRST harvest -- a couple squash. :lol: :lol: it counts!:old

Nice rain last night. More today....just watching for the hills of seed to sprout for transplanting as soon as leafing. Sunflowers are wildly sprouting! Corn soon...those winter squashes have a few days. Waiting is soooo hard!!! :hu:idunno:ya

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Done outside today. Have to go see a hairdresser to make me look pretty for Saturday ChickenStock yeah!

I did watered this morning and put 2 tiny basil plants hub was given at the Salvation Army. Is it OK to water at morning and evening? I figure the can used it while sun begins to heat and at night to cool off, :idunno

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if i'm sprouting seeds i water as often as it takes to keep it evenly moist. morning and evening. if super hot and windy also water in the mid-day even if that isn't great to do it's better than nothing.

for plants once they're established i try to water deeply at least twice a week and may water more shallowly to cool things off a few other times.

tomatoes may have too hard a time putting on fruits during super hot weather so i may also cool them off a few times a week.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20220623_102432.jpg

Takes so little for happy! 😊. First from garden, a couple early day eggs l grabbed and some fresh milk. I feed them, they feed me.

Sustainable life.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Dreamz, I wish!! The chickens eat less than the goats. :lol:

DD sent a text this morning that she was out of eggs, did I have extra. I asked if she'd also like milk -- nope! I swear, neither of my kids OR my grandaughter will even TRY my goat milk. ☹️. They are all positive it won't taste good. :idunno so wrong!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 19296

Takes so little for happy! 😊. First from garden, a couple early day eggs l grabbed and some fresh milk. I feed them, they feed me.

Sustainable life.
Where can I purchase a milk chicken?

Screenshot_20220623-144817~2.png

Jesus is Lord & Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Dreamz, I wish!! The chickens eat less than the goats. :lol:

DD sent a text this morning that she was out of eggs, did I have extra. I asked if she'd also like milk -- nope! I swear, neither of my kids OR my grandaughter will even TRY my goat milk. ☹️. They are all positive it won't taste good. :idunno so wrong!

so sad to hear. i'd love to try some and also try to make some of my favorite recipes with it, but it's just not in the stores or cheaply available to me and i can't really afford to buy it.

perhaps if they blended it with regular milk to try it they'd be ok?

have you done yogurt with it?

Latest posts