What did you Forage today?

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Rescued two pies' worth of rhubarb from the yard of a house that has been empty for a year... yum yum!

We have also been enjoying watercress from a stream near our house.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked 3 shopping bags full of loquats from the inlaws house. My kids love to eat them. Last year I tried to make jam. It did not set so I reused the "loquat syrup" when making a batch of Jalapeno jam. Oh if I can duplicate that one this yer I will be real happy.

g

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday we went looking for morels,...my DS found one. :hit
The season sucks here too due to it has been to dry and warm. Im not giving up hope yet though! :D

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I dug a lot more wild onion from our new garden spot today. They're good, but I don't eat a lot of natural foods any more, since my doctor told me that most people die of natural causes. :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
I dug a lot more wild onion from our new garden spot today. They're good, but I don't eat a lot of natural foods any more, since my doctor told me that most people die of natural causes. :lol:
:gig I sure hope I remember that line tomorrow, when I will be at a conference all day with other health professionals....I hope I remember it!!! :lol:

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
We picked about 2lbs of morels today, it was my first time mushrooming. We also picked (off ourselves) about 2 oz of ticks. Yuck!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh how I miss morel hunting! My folks have a 40 acre woods and Mom just told me my brother found a bucket full over the weekend. I almost cried.

unaspenser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have GOT to get out and look for morels! I don't know any spots around here, but I know what to look for, so maybe I can discover some...