Whats for Dinner?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh, front dials--gotcha

scratch n dent sale...LOL....hey, they were being frugal.

I have that electric smooth surface stove. I bought it on a whim when my other died. It is OK....but I love to cook with a gas stove...that will be what I get next if this one ever dies. but hopefully a new stove is a long long way off.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Frugal, maybe. There have been quite a few cut corners that have turned up over the last year here so I'm not feeling very charitable. But whatcha gonna do?

I do love the gas stove. It would be tough to go back to electric I think.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea all the little things you never notice in a home, then they surface! I hear ya!

and a ton of money if you want to replace and remodel all those "little things"--they sure add up.

best to live with it til we win the lottery :lol:

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had pot roast tonight also. I make mine in the crock pot though. It was very tasty with some rice, broccoli, and brussels sprouts with hollendaise sauce. Yum!

*Not very much leftover though, maybe next time I shouldn't make it taste so good, lol.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Poppycat, can you save the pot roast by maybe simmering in some salsa for tacos? The salsa should help tenderize the meat. Sorry, it's just the frugal in me.

I baked all morning at my parent's house. When I finally got home it was almost time to milk and do evening chores. All I had was one cookie all day (no appetite - headache) so we had ham sandwiches before heading out. Then, our oldest daughter and 2 grandsons stopped by with a plate of homemade Christmas cookies and candies for us. Once they headed home and it was time to eat supper we decided not to cook. I had a cup of tea and 2 cookies. DH had some mixed nuts and large glass of milk and a plate of cookies. Later he had a bowl of cereal.

I need to cook today!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have salsa chicken in the crock pot. Chx breasts, salsa, cream cheese (optional.. black beans and corn) Easy as can be and oh, so good :) Will serve over rice.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow keljonma
I don't know why but that sounds absolutely delish.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
leftover cube steak sandwich for Tony

bowl of granola cereal for Tony

me, ate pizza at lunch at kiddie party....and some chocolate santas....that was it for the day.

Nicole...fish sticks and cheese

see ---we eat insane here!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had chili nachos.

First I make homemade chili.
Then I put it on top of tortilla chips.
Top it with hot sauce,
cheddar or feta cheese,
sour cream,
tomatoes and