Whats for Dinner?

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Friday night.......fried fish, mashed potato patties, bread and butter salad. Strange for us as we don't normally eat fried foods, but this week we went all out and had fried chicken and fried fish.
My MIL gave us a tray of Christmas cookies she baked so we had those for dessert.

Todays menu will be something from the crock pot. Something easy. We host the Christmas gathering for my Dad's family each year and that is Sunday. So, today I'll be preparing for that. I have 3 hams to cook, too. Hmmm, maybe we should just have ham sandwiches for supper.LOL

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Nutrition nightmare last night! DH was working, so I had a piece of orange-blueberry cake and coffee for dinner before going to church! :th :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dinner tonight

experiment

Nicole and I had chicken noodle soup, a few crackers and she had some leftover chicken she dips in ranch dressing. I had a small salad.

Tony MADE HIMSELF with instructions......a whole wheat tortilla and wrapped 1 small whole egg and 2 egg whites added, and a small piece of canadian bacon in it.....yes I know, I fussed about the canadian bacon big time...BUT he said he HAD TO EAT it to finish it.....cause Nicole and I don't eat it, he does....I said it would be fine by me to feed it to the cat!

yes he is trying and we chatted about foods again. His mind is reeling seriously. He never thought about nutrition to the level we are doing it now......go slow on him Karen, for he shall fall big time..HA HA HA

but yes he is taking it seriously so that is a good thing.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Nutrition nightmare last night! DH was working, so I had a piece of orange-blueberry cake and coffee for dinner before going to church! :th :D
Well that sounds like a delicious dinner to me Keljonma:>) Wish i was there...I would have loved to share that with you! LOL!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Raclette..it's kind of like a fondue, but it's grilled instead of deep fried
Do you grill over the fire or have a raclette grill? I never heard of raclettes before your post so I did a serious google search on it. I love these types of meals and try to adjust the recipes to our needs.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
It is going to be fend for yourself night. I don't feel much like fixing anything.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love fend for yourself night.

hmm...I am not hungry....so fend for yourself night also. I have chicken Tony can do something with....never worried about Nicole. Soup or such to the rescue! :)