What's for dinner?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Chili is planned for the weekend... tonight's plan is spaghetti squash with ground Italian sausage in the sauce.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
we're starting to pick up the cooking more here now that it has cooled off, some goulash and sloppy joes were made the other day. i've been enjoying them both. :)
General description of your goulash? Have had folks in my life from Eastern Europe heritage and have seen some interesting discussions at potlucks where "goulash" was brought. Lolol.

Oh, and good to see you!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
General description of your goulash? Have had folks in my life from Eastern Europe heritage and have seen some interesting discussions at potlucks where "goulash" was brought. Lolol.

Oh, and good to see you!

it is very bland version, there's no peppers or paprika in it (Mom can't handle spices), tomatoes, celery, onions, beef, tomato soup and then added cooked elbow macaroni.

tomorrow we're making stuffed red peppers, that's rice, ground beast, tomatoes, onions and probably a few other things, but nothing too spicy. i keep a bottle of hot sauce on hand for when i want something with a bit more zip to it. i have to remind myself that if i eat too much of it then it looses the zip so i don't use it nearly as much as i'd like. for a while it was my ketchup because i was trying to see if eating tomatoes was causing me issues or not, but as it turns out it was probably the garlic we were normally using in the tomato dishes. now i have to see if there is some level of garlic i can enjoy and not have issues or if i have to keep it very minimal. that's a hard thing to contemplate because i really like garlic in about any form.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is weird. Developing an allergy maybe? Better off taking an occasional rash instead of stopping which could make it get life threatening.

I can't digest onions properly. Cooking well helps but I have to limit it usually. I must eat a little raw occasionally or I will be sick and in a lot of pain when I accidentally get some. It's a genetic thing as a good portion of the family on Mom's side has the same issue. Grandma said that Great Grandma also had issues.