What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug you are not alone. The wife has issues with sulfides, too. I have become very adept at reading labels. We have come to realize the sheer number of grocery store vegetables and fruits treated with sulfide compounds. Lettuce is a huge no go, unless it's local hydroponic stuff. Her immunology related issues is one of my huge motivators for finding a place

Mom has even worse reactions to some things than i do. we hardly go out to eat anyplace any longer because we can never tell what is going to happen from whatever spices or additives in their foods and the results just are not worth it. for her she can have blisters in her mouth for a week afterwards. :( no fun for sure. so we do cook a lot of our own foods and keep it simple.

what is super bad is that even a place that we've frequented for over 45yrs can have changes to the cooks and then we have to sort it all out again.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you see...15 seed, $6.95...for a regular tomato you know your in trouble. 😁 not a place I normally shop, Park Seed. Even regulars are up in price. Save seed!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of nutrition. These calcium pill the doctor prescribed are making me super sick and bloated. At what point do I stop? Doctor says it’s “normal” but I’m not sure.
Curry was a huge success! Desert was yougurt (to meet my protein requirements) and Apple Jacks!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Were you deficient to start? Like @tortoise said these are mainly for you and not the babies. I didn't do any pills when I had the girls, I just bulked up on all the good stuff and limited the junk (or for me cravings). I think you could find enough calcium in whole foods than having to suffer with the pills. If your body is telling you it doesnt like something by making you sick, I would listen to your body.
Yes I was, my parent were those crazy parent you hear about that force their kids to be vegan.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night made a simple dish of chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, dried basil and some hot sauce and mayo. turned out well. the chick peas were pretty firm so they had a lot of chew to them which was probably good for me since i tend to eat too fast otherwise. :)