What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why have I never thought of dehydrating cooked beans? This is EPIC, lol! I will definitely be trying this. Of course, this comes right after I canned 27 pints of beans last week....argh.

powdered would be like refried bean paste kind of thing? i'd not really mind it i'm sure but to me it is very easy to freeze them or to cook a fresh batch.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i would love stuffed cabbage rolls with extra cabbage cut up and cooked with it. to me a good vegetable soup isn't quite right without cabbage. also love saurkraut.

as for peppers do you tolerate red peppers? i'd miss those as i do love them roasted and plain and raw or used in many ways. hot peppers i can do in moderation but some kinds i do really enjoy their flavors (habineros i can skip). super hot stuff i'll pass on. i don't like pain. :)

good chilis are heaven though. i can cook with those a lot if i can get them, but i have to eat it all myself as Mom won't touch anything with too much spice in it. i made a batch of chili for her last night without any chili powder in it at all. :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ice cream with cashews as a warm up to dinner of a few slices of ham, hot sauce and cheese. carrots for wind down.

i suspect it will be a banana split for breakfast. i have some candied orange peels that i may try on a few bites just to see how they go.