What's for Dinner?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
1stepcloser said:
Hamburger gravy w/sauted onions, mashed potatoes and corn.

Uber filling and fattening all the way around! :D
This is husband and kids' absolutely favorite and actually what I *meant* to make tonight. Instead, I got tied up going through my hives one last time and had hubby make supper instead:

Huged baked russets from the garden, fried venison burgers with sauteed onions from the garden, topped with garden tomatoes, homemade fruit ketchup, and steamed broccoli from the garden with some delicious honeycomb for dessert :p
Yum...what an excellent SS meal!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tonight is simple again for me----london broil on the grill, a big mess of fried rice with egg, veggies in it, and cinnamon baked apples for dessert.

(I don't feel like cooking hard..LOL)

rainy and misty and cloudy and icky here. just a downer day! :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Dinner: decisions, decisions.
That roasted cauliflower looks good!
Speaking of cauliflower, I make a lightly fried version.
Coat boiled florets with plain yogurt, roll in chickpea flour and lightly fry in EV olive oil. Salt to taste. Had it first at a Greek restaurant.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Coat boiled florets with plain yogurt, roll in chickpea flour and lightly fry in EV olive oil. Salt to taste. Had it first at a Greek restaurant.
How lucky am I? I have a half of a head's worth of steamed cauliflower left over!! I am going to try this tonight! (Got to get the chickpea flour, but doesn't Bob's Red Mill make it?)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
sylvie said:
How lucky am I? I have a half of a head's worth of steamed cauliflower left over!! I am going to try this tonight! (Got to get the chickpea flour, but doesn't Bob's Red Mill make it?)
Yes!!! That's what I use!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Tonight is loaded baked potato soup. Creamy potato soup with bacon, cheddar & green onions...with just a little sour cream :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
sylvie said:
big brown horse said:
sylvie said:
Yes!!! That's what I use!
Hey--another gluten-free recipe! It sounds delish!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm so boring............sloppy joes, mac and cheese, and broccoli with peach cobbler and ice cream for dinner.

Lazy man's cobbler
1 stick of butter
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a 9x9 pan. Mix all ingredients together while butter is melting. Add desired spices to the mixture according to what you like and the fruit being used. Depending on the fruit I usually put in cinnamon, a squirt of honey, and maybe some nutmeg or cloves.

When butter is melted pour mixture into the pan. DO NOT STIR. Pour in desired fruit with juice. DO NOT STIR. Cook at 350 until batter tests done.
You can use fresh, frozen (thawed), or canned fruit. Very easy!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace said:
Tonight is loaded baked potato soup. Creamy potato soup with bacon, cheddar & green onions...with just a little sour cream :)
Definitely soup weather around here. Last night I did split pea with bacon and homemade corn bread.

Today I have a Teriyaki pork shoulder in the crock pot. I will shred and divide into 3 meals and freeze extras. Serve with some white rice and fresh veggies. Maybe some biscuits as well. I have been adding a quart of canned pears or peaches to the table. Serves as a desert for the kids.

Yummy!!