Where are all the lids???

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a dozen wide mouth quart jars at Walmart today! Whoop! Going to can spaghetti sauce. I made some, canned in pint jars, takes two. DH said it was the best spaghetti sauce he ever had. I told him, well DUH! I used OUR tomatoes!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got a dozen wide mouth quart jars at Walmart today! Whoop! Going to can spaghetti sauce. I made some, canned in pint jars, takes two. DH said it was the best spaghetti sauce he ever had. I told him, well DUH! I used OUR tomatoes!
Ive been in 2 Walmarts and nothing but empty shelves. I did, however, manage to score 4 packets of yeast. Yay!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think the "two yrs worth" was more for lids than actual canned goods. 🤔 I have storage for that. With just one to feed, mostly I have room for over a yr of foods. Plus freezer space.

My garden can produce for several but, it has to go to others not me. Often my animals get an amount of the produce. My DD and DGD eat little in the way of veggies...odd. potatoes and beans, not green ones but dried types, are about it. No tomatoes, occasional tomato sauce, or corn on cob, string beans for DGD. DS eats corn, limas, green & dried beans types. None will eat the brassica families, or most of nightshades. Squash, minimal for DS. Don't know how as they ate these as kids when I was raising them! :idunno 😁. They like pumpkin, apple or pecan pie.

So I garden larger but, wonder why. Maybe wishful thinking!

Last edited: