Who can come up with the wildest SS story?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: Could it be the same guy? Kiddin'...but it sounds like him....though these guys rarely bothered to check in a deer. :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a....."colorful" family. About 5-6 years ago my uncle made a chicken plucker. Don't know the exact details as my dad told me about it. But when they put the chicken in it took off the feathers, skin, and large chunks of meat, then launched it about 30 feet into the woods. There was a lot of beer involved I am sure!

This is the same uncle that made his own cannon.

And a friend of said uncle- his wife had very fancy pedagreed boar goats. Very expensive ones. Well my uncle wanted to roast a goat for the 4th of july one year. So we all went to his friends farm. His wife wasn't there, so he said pick one and go before she gets home... well they picked the biggest one in the herd- it had the biggest horns too! Well as they were loading the dead goat on the truck his wife got home. When she saw what they had done she went nuts! Turns out that was her herd sire and she had given an ungodly amount of money for that goat. my uncle roasted it and it was horrable.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
I have a....."colorful" family. About 5-6 years ago my uncle made a chicken plucker. Don't know the exact details as my dad told me about it. But when they put the chicken in it took off the feathers, skin, and large chunks of meat, then launched it about 30 feet into the woods. There was a lot of beer involved I am sure!

This is the same uncle that made his own cannon.

And a friend of said uncle- his wife had very fancy pedagreed boar goats. Very expensive ones. Well my uncle wanted to roast a goat for the 4th of july one year. So we all went to his friends farm. His wife wasn't there, so he said pick one and go before she gets home... well they picked the biggest one in the herd- it had the biggest horns too! Well as they were loading the dead goat on the truck his wife got home. When she saw what they had done she went nuts! Turns out that was her herd sire and she had given an ungodly amount of money for that goat. my uncle roasted it and it was horrable.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I nominate either one of these stories for the SS Wildest Tale!!! Priceless!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I love all the stories but the chicken plucker takes the cake for me!!!! I think it's the visual of the launch--like a chicken cannon!!!!:lol:

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes well, alcohol was involved I am very sure. If memory serves a riding mower, or 4 wheeler moter or something similar was used. Cause you know if a drill size moter is recomended.... a truck moter would be better!

And his cannon size calls for 1/4 cup of black powder...so he uses a cup.

Funny story on the cannon- he was buying the black powder at walmart and he would get one every time he went there. (We have a week long ordeal for the 4th of july) and last year he ran out. So he and his son went to wal mart and were buying all 4 jars they had. WELL- the cashier made some remark and my uncle promptly told her that he was about to blow some sh*# up with his cannon. So as he walked out she called the police. They pulled him over and almost arested him. But the funniest thing was that that officer showed up after his shift to see said cannon!

The farm that we have that celebration at (in missouri) is owned by all family members. And we all go deer hunting there. Well a few years ago we had a bummper crop of deer killed and we were getting tired of cutting them up, so he went and got his chainsaw. :hide I do NOT recomend trying to cut up a deer with a chainsaw! What a mess!

With a family like mine.....

Who needs tv?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: :gig :lol:

Sounds like he has a lot in common w/Tim the Tool Man Taylor. More power!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yah "tim the toolman" the crazy, redneck, hillbilly version!

When I tell people that I am one of the most "normal" people in my family they don't belive me! But we have a blast!

Lst year our bonfire on the 4th was 40 ft tall and had 512,000 firecrackers on it. I so wish I could post pics!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:ep

ETA: When are they going to make a reality TV show about your family?