Who is on Facebook?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
mrbstephens said:
Well, I have to say I thought you'd all be a little weirder and/or exciting, but honestly I'm a little disappointed. You all seem so normal. Maybe, 'cause you're like me. :D
:gig :gig :gig within my regular group of friends, I'm the weirdo ! The crazy lady who milks goats and talks to chickens.. :gig
Me too! I once posted that I was heading out to milk and someone from my real life responded "EWWWWW!!"

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee I am a facebook addict!! I am under "Brianna Van Orsdel"

(I have no problem with saying my name or anything, I have been on the internet on horse sites since I was 11 lol)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I am. Feel free to add me - Just let me know you are from here;
:hide Im sorry for jumping right in and commenting on photos, im so entirely jealous you have goats.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I find them extremely creepy. I don't call some complete stranger or someone who hasn't bothered to look me up for the last 25 years a "friend"...its just weird.
Glad it's not just me.

PLUS people can FIND you. I don't care that I don't have to friend them. They see who and where you are. That's effed up.

I spent a lot of energy getting rid of people. I'd rather they not know I was in the US, let alone in CO.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have an account, but don't use it. I have no desire for people from my past to find me in that way. Anybody who really needs to know where I am can just call up my parents and they will forward the info to me.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm on there. If any of you want to "friend" me, just drop me a PM and I'll give you my whole name. I don't play any of the games anymore though. Just playing Farmville ate up hours of my day. Not healthy!!
I completely respect why some don't like the whole idea. I keep in touch with family I wouldn't normally hear from more than once a year. I'm touch with people I used to work with whom I miss, some high school friends I'd lost touch with, college friends who are as busy as I am, and local people from Cub Scouts and local bands. It's been a great way for us to keep up with what's going on locally.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
abifae said:
Beekissed said:
I find them extremely creepy. I don't call some complete stranger or someone who hasn't bothered to look me up for the last 25 years a "friend"...its just weird.
Glad it's not just me.

PLUS people can FIND you. I don't care that I don't have to friend them. They see who and where you are. That's effed up.

I spent a lot of energy getting rid of people. I'd rather they not know I was in the US, let alone in CO.
The very people who are careful to not expose their real names and locations on forums and chat rooms will expose everything on Facebook....because everyone who can view it is their "friends".

I've read article after article about employers who use FB to screen employees or even decide if they should be let go, according to their personal life as it is revealed on line. One person I know personally was let go from his good job because his wife bad mouthed the company on FB.

Identity theft? Most ID theft is from friends and family or neighbors...just heard that on the news yesterday.

I know people can find you anyway if they are determined...but why make it so darn easy? You never know what you post on there that can come back to bite you, no matter how benign.

I only post very general statements like I'm having a good day, how much I thank the Lord for this or that...usually a one line, generic howdy. The only people I want any deeper in my life are the ones that are already there that I have met personally or am related to.

I reveal much more on here, I know, but this is a much smaller forum and not quite as open to predatory people. Even yet...I don't post my real name, my employer, my income, my credit status, etc.

I guess I just don't like nosey people and I'm a little private in my lifestyle.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
There was a recent event here in CT where a school superintendent was facing being fired for comments made about hsi job on FB.

WINDSOR LOCKS (AP) A Connecticut school superintendent has been placed on leave and officials are considering whether to fire him over comments he posted on Facebook.

The Windsor Locks Board of Education took the action Thursday against Superintendent David Telesca, who's been on the job for only a month.

Telesca admits a lapse of judgment, but calls the board's decision an overreaction and a violation of his contract.

The Hartford Courant reports Telesca wrote on Facebook that his first day on the $150,000-a-year job involved "counseling an administrator to retire or face termination," and ended the comment with a smiley face.

He also wrote that he slept until 10 a.m. on his first day, and it would be "the best job ever" if that happened every day.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
There was a recent event here in CT where a school superintendent was facing being fired for comments made about hsi job on FB.

WINDSOR LOCKS (AP) A Connecticut school superintendent has been placed on leave and officials are considering whether to fire him over comments he posted on Facebook.

The Windsor Locks Board of Education took the action Thursday against Superintendent David Telesca, who's been on the job for only a month.

Telesca admits a lapse of judgment, but calls the board's decision an overreaction and a violation of his contract.

The Hartford Courant reports Telesca wrote on Facebook that his first day on the $150,000-a-year job involved "counseling an administrator to retire or face termination," and ended the comment with a smiley face.

He also wrote that he slept until 10 a.m. on his first day, and it would be "the best job ever" if that happened every day.
Ok that guy is just dumb!! That is releasing confidential information and telling on yourself for not performing your job duties!! :smack

I have one person that goes to my church on my FB that makes no bones about the fact that her kids wear her out and that she can not wait to get back to work, as a school teacher, so the kids can go back to the baby sitter. She whines on there every time they don't go to bed on time or they get up at night. Her DH is also a school teacher, and the children's pastor at my church, and I guess he made a comment or one of the parents made a comment on his FB and he took some heat for it. Common sense would tell you to watch what you post on a public forum!

Latest posts