Winter already?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're cooler today...mid 49 this morning and we're supposed to make it to the low 60's later. But, yesterday I was outside working in shorts and a t-shirt. Crazy stuff, lol. I hear we're supposed to get a freeze in a week or so. Yay? I don't like the cold - but we need it for bug/parasite problems - the bane of my existence….:he

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was beautiful here in southern IL today. Sunny and warm, still wearing just a tank top and it's almost January, pretty amazing. I thought this might be a bad winter with the snow we got in November but nope it's very mild winter so far.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's still very mild here. People are getting bored (weather and complaining about it is a hot topic in Ireland), so they switched to complaining about Met Éireann (the Irish National Meteorological Service) instead. Apparently they can't get the weather warnings right, it's either too much, or not serious enough. And don't get me started on the poor souls having to do the forecasts in the evening news! lol

Weather forcast... It's the only profession I know of where you can be wrong most of the time and still have a job.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I checked the news headlines this morning and saw:

Bitterly cold January ahead, Met Éireann say

"Ireland could be in for another bitterly cold and wintry January with the possible return of the same weather system that caused the Beast from the East this year.

Met Eireann says that the current mild conditions brought on by a sudden stratospheric warming has the potential to be followed by much colder conditions."