Wisconsin Roll Call

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ChaneyLakegirl said:
Better late than never to the party. I've been lurking a while and finally registered. I live east of Fond du Lac, many folks say we live in the middle of nowhere, but the city dwellers really have no idea what the middle of no where is like, this isn't it.

That said, we are no where near self sufficient, but trying to garden/can more and trying to find ways to do more things for ourselves. Baby steps.

Lora
Hi, im new here too!! I also live East of Fond du lac like you. A little more northeast i guess i should say. Its just me and hubby and our 2 wonderful kids. 1 dog 1 cat and hoping to get the heck out of our little town and move to the country. we are both from farm backrounds, ( i work on a farm) and really are dieing to sell our house and get a few acres and a nice big house and a nice barn or shed or 2. Hubby wants a HUGE garage to work on stuff too. We are working on being more frugal and SS and are hoping to get a massive garden going once we move and get a cow and 2 pigs for the freezer. My little garden in town just aint cuttin it. THis is such a wonderful site, Ill be posting here alot!! Thanks,Rach

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ChaneyLakegirl said:
Welcome! I've learned so much from reading these forums. And everyone has been helpful as I've been learning.
This is way too weird... i just read where you're from, and Im from Mt. calvary too!! I live IN town tho. And yes, EVERYONE that i talk too and tell them where i live is like, WHERE'S THAT?? And a few of my friends whom live in FDL are like, Oh my gosh, thats SOOOOO far to drive. Yeah, like 11 minutes.....:rolleyes:

Tatter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm a transient from backyardchickens forum, seeing that it's being updated, I'll be spending time here. I'm living in Hamburg, up in Marathon county. Always been a self reliant sort, and more so now that I wish to build a small hobby farm that eventually will be completely off the grid and that too means without the computer. Thus far I only have solar power for my water pump, but each year I do something to slowly convert. I'd also love to build a herbal garden for medicinal and culinary purposes. It's going to be a huge challenge as the house I live in, is build inside 37 acres of heavy woods with 3 acres of field, but I do love challenges :)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to the forum, Tatter! :frow

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Oh, almost forgot...we live in a smallish clearing on our 17 wooded acres and I'm slowly building up my culinary/medicinal herb gardens here. It's been way less of a challenge than I was expecting! ;)

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As long as the BYC is down, I might as well explore other sites suggested by BYC. So. . . here I am. This is my second group on self-sufficiency. I am trying to be as self-reliant as possible here on my piece of the planet. This sounds like a perfect match for me.

Love, Smart Red (aka Linn Bee) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonshiner said:
Peshtigo here. Just outside of Marinette and 45 minutes north of Green Bay.
Good to hear from you, dragonshiner. My family is from Oconto. Been to Peshtigo from time to time in my mis-spent youth.

I always belittled the Chicago fire in my teaching of Wisconsin and gave you top billing. THAT's the real reason we have a National Fire Prevention Week. Has nothing to do with anyone's cow.

Love, Smart Red (aka Linn Bee) Gardening zone 5a - 4b in south-est, central-est Wisconsin

Latest posts