Your Favorite Pumpkin and Squash Recipes!

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pumpkin Pie (that even pumpkin haters like)1 can or 16 oz pumpkin
1 12 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 eggs
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or your favorite blend of cinnamin and nutmeg and/or other, for pumpkin pie)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk eggs. Add pumpkin and whisk. Add condensed milk and whisk. Mix in spices. Fill bottom pie shell. You can pre-cook your shell, or cook shell and filling together. Bake at 350 degree oven 30 minutes, or until filling has gelled. Use a crust edge cover. (Test the center by inserting a knife. When it comes clean, the pie is done.)

**This pie is more like a custard. Many people that taste it swear that they'll eat this pie again, but won't touch a regular pumpkin pie--WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
That sounds really easy and good! I'll be adding this one to the pumpkin file :)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Okay, I am now going to reveal one of my seasonal guilty pleasures. Pumpkin Fluff Dip. Pretty sure it is a common recipe, but I do adore it !

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

Just mix it together, and chill it while you make dippers out of flour tortillas brushed in butter, sprinled with sugar and cinnamon and baked at 350 until light brown and crispy.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Here's mine :) It has some "fake" ingredients, but we enjoy it once a year with gingersnaps, graham crackers or apple slices. It's a decent one to send with your kids to school for a class snack.

Pumpkin Fluff Dipwonderful with fresh gingersnap or other spice cookies

8 ounces frozen whipped topping
5 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin
1 t pumpkin pie spice
t vanilla

Mix pudding, pumpkin and spice. Fold in whipped topping and vanilla. Chill until served.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Delicious Square Pumpkin-Chevre-Caramel Pie.

Ingredients:

2 pie crusts
4 eggs
29 oz pumpkin, fresh or canned (Trader Joe's has a nice organic pumpkin filling if you don't have a fresh pumpkin handy)
1 cup sugar
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/2 cup chevre
1/2 cup goat milk caramel cajeta.

This is a double pie. Take both of your crusts and press them into an 11x14 rectangular baking dish. You will have a little extra crust, so fancy up the rim to make it look like you labored for hours over a handmade crust. Maybe you could make a sort of a rolled rope, or do one of those things where you make little hummingbird footprints all around the edge with a fork. Do something artistic.

Beat all the remaining ingredients together. Don't leave out the ginger. Add filling to your square pie and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 50 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean.

Okay then while the pie is cooling take a pint of cream, 1/3 cup sugar, and a tablespoon of nice rum . Whip up some whipped cream. Use this for your topping.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
So if I don't have goats......what do I substitute the chevre and the goat milk caramel cajeta with???

This must have been the recipe that I saw...thank you :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
This one sounds yummy...going on this weeks menu!

IG1003_Butternut_Squash_Risotto_med.jpg

Butternut Squash Risotto
2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:--Cook Time:40 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 to 6 servings

Ingredients
1 butternut squash (2 pounds)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
2 ounces pancetta, diced
1/2 cup minced shallots (2 large)
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice (10 ounces)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon saffron threads
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds, and cut it into 3/4-inch cubes. You should have about 6 cups. Place the squash on a sheet pan and toss it with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once, until very tender. Set aside.

Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock in a small covered saucepan. Leave it on low heat to simmer.

In a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the pancetta and shallots on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, until the shallots are translucent but not browned. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains with butter. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 full ladles of stock to the rice plus the saffron, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir, and simmer until the stock is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Continue to add the stock, 2 ladles at a time, stirring every few minutes. Each time, cook until the mixture seems a little dry, then add more stock. Continue until the rice is cooked through, but still al dente, about 30 minutes total. Off the heat, add the roasted squash cubes and Parmesan. Mix well and serve.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Cook's Note: The no-boil lasagna noodles can be substituted with fresh spinach lasagna sheets. Look for fresh lasagna sheets in the refrigerated section of specialty markets.

Prep Time:30 minInactive Prep Time:15 minCook Time:1 hr 25 min
Level:
Intermediate
Serves:
8 to 10 servings

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup water
3 amaretti cookies, crumbled
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
Pinch nutmeg
3/4 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
12 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Directions
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the water into the skillet and then cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and then transfer the squash to a food processor. Add the amaretti cookies and blend until smooth. Season the squash puree, to taste, with more salt and pepper.

Melt the butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the nutmeg. Cool slightly. Transfer half of the sauce to a blender*. Add the basil and blend until smooth. Return the basil sauce to the sauce in the pan and stir to blend. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.

Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.

Lightly butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce over the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 of the squash puree over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle 1/2 cup of sauce over the noodles. Repeat layering 3 more times.

Tightly cover the baking dish with foil and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the lasagna. Continue baking uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the top is golden, 15 minutes longer. Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving.

*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.