Your homes.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Tallman said:
k0xxx said:
This is about as close to a picture of the whole place as I can get. Too many trees to try from ground level. The property is outlined in red.

It's a Google Earth view from a few years ago.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii242/k0xxx/Outline.jpg
That's a great way to show your place, k0xxx. How many acres do you have there?

If I send you the section, township & range of my place, can you post it for me?
Just 15 acres.

I'd be happy to try. I can try to locate it that way, or if you have them, GPS coordinates may be easier. If it's not too rural, I may be able to find it with the address (mine is too rural for the address route).

I can always send a larger view to you through e-mail, you can mark the location on that view, and then I can zoom in.

One way or another, we should be able to get it for you. If you'd like to send me your info via e-mail, you can use k0xxx-at-yahoo.com.
I can find the satellite pic of our farms, but I can't copy them and paste them....tell me how you did it.....thanks K

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a helicopter fly over my house two years ago. Very low being nosy I thought. Turns out it's a company from Oregon. They spend a couple months airport hopping. Flying south along the coast taking pics of peoples homes. Homes that show pride in ownership is what they said. They showed up at my front door with a 16 x 16 aerial picture. Of course I bought it. How often do you get a picture like that. Maybe I can take a pic of the pic. I'll try.

Everyone's places look so nice. I love the ones in the middle of no where. When I post mine you will understand why. I have two acres in the middle of a pretty crowded area. Kinda weird.

gina

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's ours.. this is a horrible photo but you get the idea, we have 8.5 acres. No aerial shots here! and I don't believe we even register on google maps!

P1010375.jpg

housedecember92008.jpg

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I had a helicopter fly over my house two years ago. Very low being nosy I thought. Turns out it's a company from Oregon. They spend a couple months airport hopping. Flying south along the coast taking pics of peoples homes. Homes that show pride in ownership is what they said. They showed up at my front door with a 16 x 16 aerial picture. Of course I bought it. How often do you get a picture like that. Maybe I can take a pic of the pic. I'll try.

Everyone's places look so nice. I love the ones in the middle of no where. When I post mine you will understand why. I have two acres in the middle of a pretty crowded area. Kinda weird.

gina
They do that around here too, they came to us in the winter... but at the time we were kind of strapped for cash.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
TanksHill said:

gina
We are lucky enough to have a friend who took flying lessons at our small local airport. He took us up one day and mentioned that we'd be flying right over our house as we came in to land. I have a picture I was able to take myself. Of course all you can really see is trees, the old above ground pool that we had and my neighbor's house! Our yard is small and surrounded by large trees so overhead shots are not much help.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lupin I love the brick face on your home. Gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling. It looks like one side is and addition. Which is older the left side? Do you know any history about your home?

henrietta.. I listened to some of the KingPin's music on YouTube. Very nice!!!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
lupin I love the brick face on your home. Gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling. It looks like one side is and addition. Which is older the left side? Do you know any history about your home?
The brick side of the house is the oldest, around the corner on the right side there is actually a bricked up window and doorway and the house fronted a different way (the driveway continues into a lane which would have front onto another road or an altered version of our road). The driveway we use right now used to be the farm access to the barn and pasture. The brick part would have been a small 2 up 2 down cottage, it's double brick, and dated about 1850-1860 and the wood addition is another 2 up 2 down cottage that was built around 1870. Oddly for an old house we have an open plan interior, a huge open kitchen in the wood addition, 2 bedrooms in the brick with a living room, office, and 2 bathrooms, a bedroom in the wood addition plus a 20 year old addition with a master bedroom off the back of the house and laundry room, WHEW! ... It needs a lot of work... lol but it's worth it...like for instance over the big huge (and ugly) window in the brick part, the brickwork is falling..someone neglected to support the brick load above the window and it has to be repaired and a new (smaller) window installed in the future.

I don't know the age from records, I know it from building style :) Holding up our house are.... huge logs, massive 3 ft wide trees basically, common to the early to mid 1800s here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love the old brick houses also! They have a sturdier look than newer brick structures. I love a red house with white trim...was always a sucker for that cause my granny's house was red.

Lupin, I think your home is lovely too! :love