Your homes.

The Chicken Lady

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here is our house. We bought it this past spring. It's on 1.5 acres, zoned rural residential.

IMG_1200.JPG

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
335_home.jpg

Here we are from Google Earth. This was taken before we added any outbuildings. The red outline is the property line. (Roughly) The white outline is the fenced area for the horses and donkeys. The red square in the pasture is the chicken coup.
335_051_23a.jpg

The house is in the lower left hand corner. The white spot next to the house is the garden.
335_027_24_00.jpg

The blue spot is the tack shed. The brown spot above that is the run-in shed for the horses.

335_023_1.jpg

The white spot to the left is the corn. Above that in blue is the strawberries. Above that in black is the winter wheat which we harvested for the first time a few weeks ago and will be replanted again in the fall. To the right in yellow is where we are going to try oats next spring.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
You have goats! What kind?!
9 Nubian/Alpine mix, 1 Boer/Nubian mix, and 1 pygmy that we were given last Dec. who had 2 kids at the end of March. Both buckling's.
Despite our best efforts, this one died a week later.
335_camera_012.jpg

This one is becoming quite the feisty little buck.

335_camera_088.jpg

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks BBH but it's far from heaven. The house itself is 150 yrs old. Water in the cellar with every heavy rain, no insulation except where I have replaced windows, heavy clay soil with an endless supply of rocks, that took 5 yrs to get to the point where we could grow a decent garden, and plenty of other little headaches that crop up on a regular basis. Even with all the little problems though, we won't be going anywhere. I hope.

kathyschix

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Great looking place unclejoe! We live in Duncannon. I drove right through Dillsburg today on my way to Hanover to visit my mom. :)

Kathy

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're about 5 miles NE of Dillsburg near Bowmansdale.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
aerialviewsmudgeddoc.jpg

finally figured out how to do this! I thought all you would get a laugh out of my acreage. I do have to say I am proud of what my little lot produces, including a year-round growing season and chickens!