Your Weather

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Today another goat needed to go to the vet, so I drove down the hill. I live at 1500 ft and the vet's is a couple of miles from the ocean very close to sea level. It was down right nippy at my place, snowing when I left. It was 65 at the vet's. What a difference that elevation makes.

All you people east- we;re having a series of wet days here- should be at your places in a few days. You know California- always on leading edge of trends. :rolleyes:

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yea, we're supposed to get warm and wet over the next three days, hopefully it'll melt the snow out there, it's still pretty deep in my back yard!

backyardsnow.jpg

It's still over three feet deep in some places. You can see the hives down back, and the coop, between there and where I am are my veggie beds, off to the right is my composter. At least everything has been well protected from the cold we had by that nice layer of snow!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yesterday the wind was horrible & sent our charcoal grill flying along with 2 patio chairs too!! Then last night about 10pm it started raining again & lasted for 2 hrs! Furnance is running again this morning. We are getting more by Sat & they are saying a chance of snow at our level(1200 ft.). Our mtn areas are getting pounded with snow & I am wishing our trailer had a working heater in it so we could take the kids to play in the snow on our 40 acres up north this weekend. Plenty of hills to sled on up there by us.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Reinbeau,
It is a good thing you told us what everything in the picture was. I was going to comment on your garage being bigger than your house. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Reinbeau,
It is a good thing you told us what everything in the picture was. I was going to comment on your garage being bigger than your house. :D
:gig :yuckyuck

Reinbeau, I think it all looks lovely!

Our snow melted off yesterday, as it warmed up to almost 60!!

Today not sure what the temp was, but this morning until noonish we had a drizzling rain.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, that is a well built coop, when a friend of mind (a fellow Pilates instructor) checked it out before we put the birds in she said I could use it as a mini-studio :gig Not really, it's only 10x10'.

Aly, like I said, we're supposed to warm up this week, it's still 33 out there and it isn't supposed to get much lower tonight, and it's sprinkling out. Tomorrow will be in the 50's with rain, most of it will disappear over the next few days. I'm going to go down back tomorrow and see if I can find any skunk cabbage blossoms heating their way up through the ice. I'll post photos if I find them!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You know, I've been tracking the weather for three years now around here...I write any unusual happenings in my calendar. Days when there is no school due to snow or freezing rain. Anyway, over the last three years these days consistantly come within 3 or 4 days of each other!
Last week I had written in my last years Callander for Friday the schools closed due to freezing rain...so I told my sone that he would have a day off schol early this week...haha that was today.
Don't ever let anyone tell you the weather is weird...it is like clockwork, no kidding

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, I was telling my mother about your weather tracking and she found it quite interesting. I bet this is how the Farmer's Almanac can predict each year's weather, huh?

I would very much like to start my own weather calendar and just see how it does in this area. I seem to recall some big freezing and storms the same time last year.

We are having some warm, breezy weather and the ground is saturated with moisture. For the first time, my coop is a little moist, so I'm taking out bedding and keeping dry boards until spring. I will just rake out each day's fecal deposits to maintain a dry coop. The dogs should like that! :sick

Latest posts