Your Weather

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sunny and beautiful here.

being mid feb I swear it is spring outside...I like that. Better than nasty ice storms! :)

can't wait til real spring and hopefully a warm summer!

How is everyone handling the cold still? Long time isn't it for you! Wishing warm weather coming for all out there freezing!

:)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Took a turn to the cold here- dog came into the house with a layer of snow-a week ago it was over 70 degrees. Life of the coast........
But watch it out east another slug of wet moving your way.,

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Haha well done Pat! ... I expect that round bales would be easier to move as you can just roll them LOL.
Oddly, I have in the past had *awful* trouble trying to get 5-600 lb roundbales tipped over onto their rollable side :p

And with roundbales we couldn't fit enough hay in the barn, plus would have to unwind it into a hairy mess three times a day to feed. No thanks :D

Today we're back to February weather - for the next week it is supposed to be only a little below freezing, and mostly sunny. I'll have to put some used bedding on the 'pointy' footing just beyond the shed so the horses can get to the field beyond without bruising their feet (since the snow is mostly gone and yesterday's stuff was fine for grass but not for horse feeties) but I'm happy for it to stay this way for a few weeks if it wants!

Considering the alternative possibilities for February weather <g>

Pat

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
After catching the weather report this morning we decided we better prepare for some real rain. We had just finishedmoving one of the rooster pens to higher ground, when there were a few drops, then a downpour. The rooster had gotten out of the pen and all the hens ran into his pen to take cover. The rooster couldn't figure out how to get back in. So the hens were safe from him :gig. Then the wind hit and brought with it real rain with hail. My SO noticed that one of the ditches wasn't running properly and was digging it out. The dog looked at me as if too say: Mommy I'm scared, I don't like this. She never came to my side as quick as today, when I called: Spike, come!". I brought her into the house. I put a proper raincoat on and went back out to make sure our rooster found a dry place to hang out. He didn't. But wouldn't let me catch him either. He is not very bright.
My SO and I checked around the premises, while the temperature was dropping fast. We were frozen through and through and not too dry either. Everything seems to be in working order.
Time for a hot bowl of chili.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We have been getting rain, snow, thunder storms with flash lightening and very high winds. Can't make up its mind.....which tells me that we are going into some March weather..........which also tells me that spring, OH, what a lovely word!...spring is not far behind!

:weee

I have to try hard not to feel that old hurry, hurry feeling when I let the thoughts of all there is to do come spring flood my mind. This year? I'm going to let things flow in a nice easy rhythm and not feel like I'm taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back every day!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Sunny, with a slightly chilly wind most of the day. We worked on cutting up an oak we cut down yesterday. We'll have plenty of seasoned wood for next winter. Now that the sun has set it is very cold. Covered up the frost tender plants. Just in case.