Chocolate Nutbutter Bars aka Healthy Butternut Squash Brownies ;)

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, I made these tonight... I haven't had one yet but the kids LOVED them. They did comment that it tasted more like peanut butter than chocolate though. I used organic natural peanut butter, so might drop the amnount a bit next time. The sure SMELL good and are very moist and flufy.

This recipe is a KEEPER!

THANKS BBH!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
Denim Deb said:
It's been awhile since I've cooked it, but I seem to recall that this is what I did.

Cut it in half length ways. Scoop out the seeds. Cook cut side down in water at 350* until soft.
DEB TO THE RESCUE! :lol:

Thank you. Gonna definitely do this this weekend as my daughter is a chocoholic! (Especially right now if you know what I mean).
Have you been introduced to my black bean cake yet?
Make sure and search it out. Its the recipe to make for company and potlucks. Just say its cake, and wait for the questions as too why its so good.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
My MIL has already made a batch, as she had all the ingredients.
Said it was fabulous!

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
navajo001 said:
Denim Deb said:
It's been awhile since I've cooked it, but I seem to recall that this is what I did.

Cut it in half length ways. Scoop out the seeds. Cook cut side down in water at 350* until soft.
DEB TO THE RESCUE! :lol:

Thank you. Gonna definitely do this this weekend as my daughter is a chocoholic! (Especially right now if you know what I mean).
Have you been introduced to my black bean cake yet?
Make sure and search it out. Its the recipe to make for company and potlucks. Just say its cake, and wait for the questions as too why its so good.
I saw it mentioned in a few threads but haven't found it yet. Don't think I'm not gonna try it as soon as I can!

Doing a search now!

Thanks for the reminder.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
:lol: I jsut found it too and copied it to WORD and saved it on my computer to make next week (after the brownies are gone).

Thank you!
OK, I was apparently living in a fantasy world... "when the brownies are gone NEXT WEEK"? Yeah right! They are gone already!

I have the beans soaking in water and whey right now and will make the cake tomorrow while my son is at school (he won't even TOUCH a bean!).

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Oh, and back to the topic, I froze the left over squash last night to use later...well one of them is on the counter thawing as we speak so I can make another batch of brownies tonight! :gig

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oooo im going to have to try this...
wonder what the nutritional info is on these...

since surgery i have to stay away from processed carbs as much as possible, and have been looking for recipies for desert type stuff i can take to parties that i can also have a bit of lol.