Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I left the farm early yesterday, at 10, I was exhausted from previous several days. Went to Lufkin, got more paint, sat on a 5 gallon bucket while it was being mixed. Went to feed store, back home at son’s house at 1:00, collapsed in recliner and slept until 5. Didn’t set alarm this morning, slept till 6. Tired.

Going to finish painting my bathroom and paint doors today. Hopefully I can take down wrappings of plastic and can start making loads towards moving in in the next day or two. I can move a lot of this stuff by myself.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Canning can save money in several ways, IMO...control of what's in product only part. It's time consuming and work but, my free corn that I canned is worth a couple dollars a pint right now.😊. Not gonna lose value like stock market. 😁🤣. I'm good with that. The pride in providing for yourself is worth so much more.

This morning it's a nice 64 out there in my location. A lovely 70 inside thanks to opened windows last night. Heading to work in a short while...rather stay home. 😁

Everyone have a great day! 👍😊🎉

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Working some shorter hours at desk job the rest of the week so I am able to can and process veggies. Only going to be in the low 80s so it should be decent weather for it, a little muggy but it has to get done.

Hope to get some fishing/boat time in the next couple days as well, end of summer gotta fit it in.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This morning it's a nice 64 out there in my location.
It's the same temp here and I live in South Central Virginia (not too far from Richmond). I don't think it's suppose to get above 70 here today but who knows. I was told that this August it's cold here. Not to get anyone mad at me but I did see that THE FARMERS ALMANAC is calling for bad weather to begin in late October/Early November in the Eastern part of the US.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s STORMING!!!! RAIN!! It’s POURING RAIN! It’s been raining hard for over an hour. Lots of wind and lightning. Power is off, sitting in dark. I got a wind up light that’s a little better than a match. LOL I don’t care, it’s RAINING!!! I’m super excited! RAIN!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm surprised you even knew what it was -- rain -- been so long since seeing any! 😊

Fortunately I've only had a couple times this summer with extended lack of rain....nothing totally died out. Crunchy grass once. Glad I can say that!

I'm having coffee, enjoying another cool morning, trying to persuade myself I can stay home. I sure want to! But job work has to happen 😬😢 I'm just not enthused. Too many really long days lately...10 hrs yesterday. I sure slept well !! That glass of wine at dinner probably helped. 🤫