Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It rained again last night, power stayed on this time. It blinked a few times. The road to the farm will probably be slush. All that dry dust makes slick gooshy mud. I just let my diesel truck idle along. Narrow country road, got to pull over when someone is coming the other way. Some places there is nowhere to pull over, gotta keep a watch to find a spot to stop. That road is my only gripe, and I really don’t even gripe about it. I knew what I was getting when I bought the place. It’s been a long, long time since I lived on a road like this.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just had breakfast. Yeah, it's 11:30....brunch I guess. Outside for chores and farm stuff. Decision time ... Garden over 🤷🙄. Should have gone to work but, needed here. I'll move the jobs...couldn't do much with my mood.🤣

Some days are just a toss up!!! 😂👍😬😁🤞🤔. Life happens.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just had breakfast. Yeah, it's 11:30....brunch I guess. Outside for chores and farm stuff. Decision time ... Garden over 🤷🙄. Should have gone to work but, needed here. I'll move the jobs...couldn't do much with my mood.🤣

Some days are just a toss up!!! 😂👍😬😁🤞🤔. Life happens.

yep, if you are lucky you can be flexible and listen to what your body and mind tell you about what they need. mental health day or break from working hard, siesta, drink water, get a bite to eat. i may make some hot chocolate today.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm exhausted today!!! Besides trying to find a house and packing we've been helping oour neighbor get his house his house ready for an appraisal so he can buy it. Yesterday I was so exhausted I ended up taking a 3 hour nap with my dogs (4) of them all cuddled/snuggled up to me, highly thinking about doing that today too!!!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It rained again last night, power stayed on this time. It blinked a few times. The road to the farm will probably be slush. All that dry dust makes slick gooshy mud. I just let my diesel truck idle along. Narrow country road, got to pull over when someone is coming the other way. Some places there is nowhere to pull over, gotta keep a watch to find a spot to stop. That road is my only gripe, and I really don’t even gripe about it. I knew what I was getting when I bought the place. It’s been a long, long time since I lived on a road like this.
Of course a road like that means less traffic, and when you do have traffic, slower traffic!!!! So, an excellent road in my book! :clap