Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
mental health day or break from working hard

That's been my day. I put some things away, straightened inside, wandered in and out....piddled around, played with animals. Collecting eggs I wondered why I hadn't gotten any from goat shed nests the last two days. Found a hen had begun laying not far but odd place. Then, checking nests a while ago I see the reason -- a young rat snake, sliding over toward first one...and quite relaxed. I went and got my machete and quietly walked in to the shed. My action was relaxed & swift. You're not welcome, RIP πŸ™πŸ˜”.

I did slice most of the plum tomatoes from this morning, dehydrator now full. Maybe another load but not quite ripe, need a couple days. Used some milk up, chickens happy. Got some ready for a new customer tomorrow. He wants 5 gal, may get 4. Just placed order last night and....well, had just sold 4 gal on Wed. With one doe going back on mommy duty πŸ€”πŸ€·. Told him I'd do what I could to come close. Geesh, this isn't WalMart, ya know. 🀣🀣.

All in all a good day -- and I needed it!! Just can't push so hard anymore. Rest & relax πŸ‘πŸ˜‡

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those of us with our own garden can be thankful for out tomatoes and other stuff. With heat and droughts and water limits, well less veggies will get to processors. Next year's on shelf canned goods will be costlier. If you think this year's garden was needed, just wait!! 2023 will be critical. Have your seeds on hand. πŸ‘

Today is goat auction day. 😁 I'll go, it's fun, I can visit. May take a couple young bucklings that got missed last month. 🀷 If I can catch them. They'd be underfoot if it was any other day πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ™„πŸ˜‚. Will see how it goes. If not another one in 3 weeks and all can be ready. Because if county fair last week, the event is a week late this month.

Otherwise, coffee is good...chores will happen soon. I'm lazy this weekend! πŸ‘πŸ˜

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3 buckets of tomatoes picked, perhaps 2 & 1/2 will be used. breakfast down the hatch so now is the time to get these done. i've got my system down pretty good to where i can get going and they're done soon enough. before it gets hotter outside and also (since i'm a tightwad) the electric rates are lower. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
1) βœ“
2) Didn't get to it. Son who lives up by Saint Louis stopped in for a grocery bag of veggies and a case of canned veggies. Other son and daughter in law stopped in also. So I gave granddaughter's rides on the tractor. While they picked the garden πŸ‘
3) βœ“
4) βœ“

I need a shower bigly badly (both). Sweat and stinky garden soil 😡

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Weeds ugg... Least both rows are
loose and clean again 😁

2) βœ“

Strawberries and asparagus will be planted late this fall after they go into dormancy. I would like to a run subsoiler a few times in these rows. I'll need to ask around see if anyone has one I can borrow.
IMG_20220820_115740138.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ